paulburnett

Introducing myself Paul Burnett

I would like to introduce myself to those who may not familiar with me and my work.

I was honored by being the first recipient of the prestigious Al Stohlman Award for Achievement in the field of leather Arts. I have written and published several leather craft books and am the author and administrator of my own correspondence course in leather carving and coloring. I have been a consistent contributor to the leading leather craft magazines over the past thirty five years. I have been a frequent lecturer and demonstrator.

I have actively been making a living with my craft for over forty years. My bread and butter comes from the leather feather jewelry that you can find on my web site www.paintingcow.com. In 1999 and again in 2000 my leather feather jewelry was selected by the National Wild Turkey Federation for their core banquet package, a much sought-after and highly competitive position reserved for the very best in the arts and crafts field.

I occasionally have the time to create a fine art piece, some of which are realistic life-sized bird sculptures in leather. Many are in the possession of collectors throughout the world and currently being shown in the Ward and Eis Gallery in Petoskey, Michigan. You can see some example of my work by clicking on the “Gallery” button at my web site.

My wife Karen (Sue) and I, along with our adopted niece Paige reside and have our studio in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.

Leatherworker.net will soon be offering a series of special lessons on decorating leather that are authored by me, called “The Paul Burnett Free School of Leather Ornamentation”. Watch for the announcements.

Paul Burnett

Welcome. Great to have you here. I have a couple of your courses and they helped me greatly. Looking forward to the School of Leather Ornamentation.

Paul,

As an admirer of your work and teaching, welcome.

Regis

Paul a very warm welcome to you. And thank you very much for for being with us.

i do know that we will gain much more knowledge from you. :clapping::thumbsup:

Leatherworker.net will soon be offering a series of special lessons on decorating leather that are authored by me, called “The Paul Burnett Free School of Leather Ornamentation”. Watch for the announcements.

Paul Burnett

Welcome Paul; I have been an advid admirer of your work and lessons, in fact I have collected anything and everything I could find that you have published. I regret not taking any of your classes when you were at the IFoLG shows, but the leather gods were not on my side. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and hope to be among the first to get any more information you may put out.

One of my first books on leather work was your book on belt stamping, I look forward to learning more from you. Thank you for your devotion and sharing your talent.

You don't need no stinkiin introduction. I joined your leather club and have all of your written material. I am completing your mini-series on dyeing that you wrote through MIWL.

AWESOME work, both written and actual items! The cover on the pictorial book is freakin bad!! Amazing!

Hi Paul,

Another long time fan of your art here. Ever since you introduced that first home study course many many years ago, I've been a big fan of your teaching style too. I have always really liked the way you explain not just the how, but also the "why" in your lessons. That helped me to understand a lot of things better. It's really great to have you here on LW. I know that anyone wanting to increase their knowledge, whether they've been carving for a couple days or a couple decades, is going to be able to learn some things from you. I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us here.

Welcome also Paul!  There are four people in in leather that I hold most high. Al and Ann Stohlman, Al Shelton and most definetly you! You are the sort of craftsman that gives all of us something to shoot for. You set the bar high and your first book was one of my first guides for figure carving and coloring. It is such a pleasure to have you here with us.

Well.........a BIG THANK YOU for you comments. I look forward to serving you and others. Thanks to all who visited my post as well and didn't reply. As soon as we get a few bugs worked out we will annouce the Free School. Bless, Paul

Mr Burnett,

it is great to have you here with us, i'm a member of your every thing burnett club and have learned alot from your books and works, i for one as well as many others will be paying close attention to your classes and can't wait for them to start, i would also like to thank you for the signed copy of your pictorial definitions book, it is the greatest prize in my collection of books.

maddhatter.

stan

Paul,

Welcome!

Glad to see you will being sharing even more of your leather working knowledge.

Johnny

Hi Paul,

welcome at the forum. I'm glad to have you here. Your work is amazing and I'm a great admirer of them. I own all your books and lessons and learned a lot from them. I'm also a member of your Everything Burnett Club. I'm looking forward to your new instructions.

Greetings

Gisela from Germany

I just received the Leather Crafters Journal for Sept/Oct with your design on the cover. Great cover. Your work has much been admired over the years. This is what makes this such a great forum. You meet people from all walks of life who share an enjoyable addiction. The photos that are posted give us inspiration. Even though I'm still considered a newbie, I welcome you to the best Leather Workers Forum on line.

Charlie

Hello Paul,

welcome here in the forum

I am very curious for your online workshop

this kind of ornamentic you will find in the most old churches and castles here in my area

rene berends hold up one workshop this year with ornamentic on a bookcover

greetings from good old bavaria

johann

Paul has a leather resume too long to type- but it's stellar. When he offered to teach LW members, I knew you all would jump at the chance. I am grateful to Paul for giving us this opportunity and I'm sure you will all not only be delighted, but you're gonna learn something. He is an excellent teacher and a wonderful person, and I'm glad he agreed to share some of what he's learned over the years with us.

welcome.gif Paul, and thank you again!

Johanna

Paul has a leather resume too long to type- but it's stellar. When he offered to teach LW members, I knew you all would jump at the chance. I am grateful to Paul for giving us this opportunity and I'm sure you will all not only be delighted, but you're gonna learn something. He is an excellent teacher and a wonderful person, and I'm glad he agreed to share some of what he's learned over the years with us.

welcome.gif Paul, and thank you again!

Johanna

I too would like too welcome Paul too LW this is the site I use everyday as I learn the skills I need so to have a master such as Mr. Burnett to teach us is a honor, I would would also like too Thank Johanna for all her hard work here at the forum.

Thanks again everyone, and a special thanks to Johanna for allowing me this opportunity to teach those wanting to learn. Glad to see that the current issue of the Journal has my cover and cover article. I haven't received my copy yet so I look forward to getting it soon. There is a followup article on turned back leaves and scrolls, so I don't know if that was including in this issue or one forthcoming. I also submitted a swivel knife exercise that I think you will find useful. I am encouraged by the response to my posting, both those who commented and those who viewed. Looking forward. Paul

I haven't received my copy yet so I look forward to getting it soon. There is a followup article on turned back leaves and scrolls, so I don't know if that was including in this issue or one forthcoming. I also submitted a swivel knife exercise that I think you will find useful.

Paul,

I think this is the "Everything Burnett" issue of the LCSJ. All of your articles appeared in it, carving the cover, the turnbacks, the swivel knife exercises, and a press release on the "everything Burnett club". Lots of great info in there. You do some of the neatest scrolls out there!!