Sign in to follow this  
Sixer

Show Off Your Exotic Trim Holsters! (Pics)

I recently picked up a bag of mixed exotic scrap from Springfield Leather. Although I have no idea what kind any of it is... it definitely looks neat smile.gif Anyhow, I'm looking forward to trying some of this exotic scrap on a few holsters, and would love to get some info and pictures from you guys.

Show 'em if you got 'em.

Thanks!

Edited by Sixer

I recently picked up a bag of mixed exotic scrap from Springfield Leather. Although I have no idea what kind any of it is... it definitely looks neat smile.gif Anyhow, I'm looking forward to trying some of this exotic scrap on a few holsters, and would love to get some info and pictures from you guys.

Show 'em if you got 'em.

Thanks!

Although not an exotic, this is a holster I did for a friend as a practice piece prior to doing something similar with rattlesnake skin. It's for an old S&W target gun with very custom grips. Mike

008-1.jpg

Show 'em if you got 'em.

Thanks!

I'll be watching this thread, and posting my own sometime soon I hope.

What a great idea getting the mag of mixed exotics. I'll bet that's a pretty good deal on that.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I made this for a buddy sort of as a joke.... it's a long story. Let's just say that his Desert Eagle is lovingly referred to as his "Pimp gun" and he needed an appropriate holster... Then I made him a mag pouch and belt to match all out of the same hide...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/Tac56/100_1041.jpg

-Tac

With the sample pack you will probably be mostly looking at doing inlays of some kind. Look up Dave's post (DCKNIVES) and look at all his work. He does mostly inlays. There are some others that do the same. I wanna say you probably wont get anything big enough to do full covers, the inlays wont require as much leather.

Ive only done a few inlays here they are, old work though as Ive learned alot from this forum since I did these.

holster resized 4.jpg

resized open front.JPG

post-5781-12685133099_thumb.jpg

post-5781-126851333121_thumb.jpg

With the sample pack you will probably be mostly looking at doing inlays of some kind. Look up Dave's post (DCKNIVES) and look at all his work. He does mostly inlays. There are some others that do the same. I wanna say you probably wont get anything big enough to do full covers, the inlays wont require as much leather.

Ive only done a few inlays here they are, old work though as Ive learned alot from this forum since I did these.

Those inlays look great. I actually have a few pieces of lizard and some others that are big enough for something like a pocket holster. For $15 there is a lot to play around with.

My thoughts where to use the smaller pieces of "exotics" on the mouth of the holster... maybe gluing it to the reinforcement piece, or if thick enough, using as the reinforcement piece.

Either way, I'll get some pics posted as soon as I can ge something worked up!

Show 'em if you got 'em.

Thanks!

I love stingray. A bit of a challenge to stitch and pricey but fun, durable and beautiful!

IMG_2591.JPG

post-13859-126882007853_thumb.jpg