I have been a member for short time, but have been lurking for the most part just reading and observing. I dable in holsters and have made a few for friends and family. I purchased a shark skin belt from Rafter S, since I do everything by hand at this point, because that is just too much stitching to do by hand.

I have done some searching on the net and have yet to come across a source for shark skin. So I need some help finding shark skin and I was wondering where those of you that use shark get your hides.

I was also wondering, since skark is used on holsters, do they veg tan shark skin?

I really enjoy this forum. It is great to see so many craftsmen out there that are working on making their own holsters and it is good to see everyone sharing their ideas.

Thanks for the help. 

You may try business exotic skins

Edited by Oscar B

Your best sourse for shark would be Jerry VanAmburg Leather310-453-5775 he is a very unique individual and carries a large inventory of exotic leathers. Shark is generaly crome tanned I line shark with veg tan to make belts and holsters. Here is a pic of a holster I did but I covered a plastic formed holster with the shark putting a veg tan on the back for the belt loops.

leather_080.jpg

post-62-1205151856_thumb.jpg

sure is a good looking rig randy!

I have been a member for short time, but have been lurking for the most part just reading and observing. I dable in holsters and have made a few for friends and family. I purchased a shark skin belt from Rafter S, since I do everything by hand at this point, because that is just too much stitching to do by hand.

I have done some searching on the net and have yet to come across a source for shark skin. So I need some help finding shark skin and I was wondering where those of you that use shark get your hides.

I was also wondering, since skark is used on holsters, do they veg tan shark skin?

I really enjoy this forum. It is great to see so many craftsmen out there that are working on making their own holsters and it is good to see everyone sharing their ideas.

Thanks for the help. 

Springfield also carries shark, & they also have undyed veg-tan shark. 800-668-8518. Don't use their website. Call. They're extremely helpful. A lot of stuff isn't listed in the website & I find it cumbersome to use.