Hello!

I was interested in this wallet I found and I want to make one myself! However I have no Idea how to make this style... It's an accordion style wallet. Does anybody have any ideas on how to achieve this style?

post-42347-0-88782600-1375134074_thumb.j

If you have a sewing machine this is fairly easy. If you are sewing by hand I wouldn't try it.

Google "Accordion Wallets". You may get some You Tube vids but there are many instances of this style.

That is a good photo of them you have. Use that with any others you can find, you will be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

I might suggest you cut a piece of paper approximate size, fold it similar to the photo along with the separator piece.

This is rather difficult to do on a flatbed machine. A patcher works the best but you can do some of the stitching by hand, finish with a cylinder arm machine.

ferg

This may help you: http://www.ehow.com/how_12030401_make-accordion-style-credit-card-wallet.html

Edited by 50 years leather

I don't have a machine, is it impossible to do by hand? Or a big challenge? I'd love to give it a try. I've been looking at a lot of pictures and I think I know what to do...

Nothing is impossible, just takes a little longer. LOL

I added to the first post I made, check it out.

Using paper as a template is the way to learn this technique.

ferg

I do all my stiching by hand (so far) it wouldn't be THAT hard, but it would take way longer. But I figure slower isn't always a bad thing.

I have been struggling with how to best describe making the accordion. I want, so badly, to be able to explain effectively, but I'm finding it quite difficult with only using words. I'm a very visual kind of person, so I do best with making hand/arm gestures, drawing pictures, and the like. Those tend to really fall flat with text, so I'll do my best. Just bear with me. ;)

Ferg has it right, though. It'll be more complicated by hand and watching a video showing how will probably be your best bet.

The reason it'll be much more difficult by hand is that there will be a bunch of different parts that need to stay lined up or out of the way while you're sewing them. Not impossible, just not easy. Especially if you're just starting out. As far as finding a video, I am not doing so well with my searches. I think my Center may be misaligned, as I am not having any luck searching for videos on how they are made.

The accordion part is just one continuous piece that gets folded and stitched over the end of each baffle that makes up the division between each section. I may not have found any videos, but I did find a couple of external sources that have some pictures on how they are done.

One over at Ash Designs and one over at Little Quack's Crafts. I know these aren't perfect, but I hope they point you in the right direction.