jnewburry

singer 31-15 needles

Sorry to beat this dead horse, but I just have read so much on this the last few days I am confused. I went to joan fabric this evening they were of very little help, she said only a singer needle would work in my machine and that they are all the same system? Well I heard someone mention schmetz being used somewhere. Well anyways this is what i bought schmetz 130/705 H LL 15x2 NTW (110/18) and also some singer style 2032 90/14 and 100/16 both packages indicate for leather use. I just want to know what to put in so i can resolve my timing issue with the correct needles (i am hoping the schmetz work as they have a bigger thread hole) Right now i am gonna practice sewing some wallets and such until i can get back to work and gather some more tools for boot making. Sorry i ask a lot of questions that are probably very simple to an experienced person but i guess a lot of people may have been in my shoes when you all started.

Thanks

jim

Sorry to beat this dead horse, but I just have read so much on this the last few days I am confused. I went to joan fabric this evening they were of very little help, she said only a singer needle would work in my machine and that they are all the same system? Well I heard someone mention schmetz being used somewhere. Well anyways this is what i bought schmetz 130/705 H LL 15x2 NTW (110/18) and also some singer style 2032 90/14 and 100/16 both packages indicate for leather use. I just want to know what to put in so i can resolve my timing issue with the correct needles (i am hoping the schmetz work as they have a bigger thread hole) Right now i am gonna practice sewing some wallets and such until i can get back to work and gather some more tools for boot making. Sorry i ask a lot of questions that are probably very simple to an experienced person but i guess a lot of people may have been in my shoes when you all started.

Thanks

jim

I run a singer 31-15, I will check needle size and brand in the morning and get back to you.

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

I have 110/18 needles for mine.Dave

The 15x1& 15x2 are needles w/a flatside to them & they are made for home machines the correct needle is round @ the top,for the 31-15 we stock the 16x2 in #14,16,18,20,21,22&23

Hi Jim,

You want a 16x2 in somewhere around 110/18 size. It may also be called canu 12:05MF1.

Schmetz makes it in a TRI point so call it a 16x2TRI.

Bob Kovar has a lot of needles (I think he really collects them) so I would call him first.

This is one of the Singers you won't have trouble finding needles to fit.

Art

Thanks

jim

Thank you all, I'd be lost without this forum. I will call Bob in the morning for the correct needles. Got some extra cash finally.

jim