Roger

My latest seat

this is the first of three winged seats i have coming up. this one has a matching tool bag.

DSC03580.jpg

DSC03578.jpg

DSC03576.jpg

DSC03572.jpg

DSC03552.jpg

DSC03549.jpg

Man Beeza, this is a tight and comfy lookin seat. Very nice work on it. What bike is it going on?

Very nice beeze, great color.

Dave

nice featherwork! another beauty...

Man Beeza, this is a tight and comfy lookin seat. Very nice work on it. What bike is it going on?

Thanks Spider!

This is a recovered LePera Saddle for a HD soft tail

Nice tooling. Nice bag,too, is there something in it to help it keep it's shape?

Thanks!

with the lining the bag is 12-14oz. i started using lexan to stiffen the bag through the mounting area across the back and a strip across the front in the area of the snaps.

Thanks to all for the comments! Talked them out of a completetly black seat again ;)

One beautiful seat that is and nice matching with the bag too.

Nice detail on the feathers!

I especially like the way it's shaped, it's so nicely sculpted around the insides.

I'm wondering about how the sides are attached behind/under the seat? Any chance of a pic from there aswell?

While I'm at it I also like to ask how you create the patterns from wich to cut out the leather?

To grease you up for some answer I'd like to say that this one has the same smooth feeling I like to admire over at Xians gallery!

Nice job Beeza!

Tom

One beautiful seat that is and nice matching with the bag too.

Nice detail on the feathers!

I especially like the way it's shaped, it's so nicely sculpted around the insides.

I'm wondering about how the sides are attached behind/under the seat? Any chance of a pic from there aswell?

While I'm at it I also like to ask how you create the patterns from wich to cut out the leather?

To grease you up for some answer I'd like to say that this one has the same smooth feeling I like to admire over at Xians gallery!

Nice job Beeza!

Tom

thanks tom!!

i make a pattern for each seat i make and i just go by what looks good to me. this type of seat is a bit of a challenge to get the cover tight around the sides on the back area of the seat..takes lots of pulling!

since you asked soooo nice(i had everything wraped and boxed) i pulled the seat back out and took a couple pics. the bottom is covered but, it is smooth around the bottom and pop riveted in place.

DSC03587.jpg

DSC03586.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

Thank you very much, I bow my head to thee!

Just as I thought with the sides, alot of pulling. You sure are good at this.

If I have time I'll pop in to a friend and pick a seat up today. Haven't seen it yet but it's not a regular shaped solo seat and tha'ts why I asked. Probably something this way from what I hear, makes me a little nervous. Also have probs finding a nice finish/top coat here in Sweden.

Last but not least I have to turn some rocks to find some good padding to work with but that shouldn't be to hard.

First handed I'll have to work with the fishing rod tubes I have scheduled with some really long hours of mexican basket weave lacing, have this laying on the side and do some on and off work with it. Try to get done before May.

It's amazing how good you got that worked so smooth around the edges, sculpted is the only word I can find for it.

Top notch work, Beeza!

Once again, many thanks for your kind help. It will definetly be useful once I get going down that rocky road of making that seat!

Tom

let me know if i can answer any other questions.

my methode does require lots of pulling and some times i need to let it set, wet it again and remove the rivets and go at it a second time in certain areas.

top coat... i try to only seal my seats with pecards... a couple coats make a seat water proof.

you can order it right from thier web site

Well since you proven to be such a nice gentleman I'll shoot off another round of quickies for ya'!

Was just wondering about the thickness of the pulled leather pieces and about Pecards (unavailable in Sweden), if it seals the leather properly (for example, hold black from crocking)?

Best regards

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Well since you proven to be such a nice gentleman I'll shoot off another round of quickies for ya'!

Was just wondering about the thickness of the pulled leather pieces and about Pecards (unavailable in Sweden), if it seals the leather properly (for example, hold black from crocking)?

Best regards

Tom

i use 3-4 oz leather for the side of the seat and it is one piece.

pecard's is similar to aussie conditioner. hd sells pecards in under thier own brand if you can get it. it is a water proofer/conditioner and it's all i use anymore. i have had not problems using it over any dyes

That is something worth checking out, I'll be knockin' the door of HD Sweden first thing on monday asking for their conditioner!

Also I have to tap my supplier in the head for some Aussie balm. They shook their head when I asked for it and replied they only carry Tandys stuff, well guess what I find on Tandys site.

You're the best!

Tom