Has anyone tried out the Barge Infinity Cement in the green cans?

I used to use the horribly toxic yellow can and have moved on to the toluene free blue can but the fumes are still far too strong for my liking, even with a fan/going outside.

(the blue TF formula seems to perform just as well as yellow Barge for me)

The idea of no VOC's at all is incredibly appealing.

As far as I can tell Infinity isn't available in tubes yet so it's a quarts and gallons only.

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

I have and still do use the Infinity glue. It is my favorite. The reasons are: of course, toluene free, as well, the glue is heat activated so you can glue, let it dry, maybe cause you forgot, or maybe you're working on another job... come back to it, and put a heat gun to it for 15secs... and voila, you have a sticky piece ready for action!

Hope this helps,

Jules

Has anyone tried out the Barge Infinity Cement in the green cans?

I used to use the horribly toxic yellow can and have moved on to the toluene free blue can but the fumes are still far too strong for my liking, even with a fan/going outside.

(the blue TF formula seems to perform just as well as yellow Barge for me)

The idea of no VOC's at all is incredibly appealing.

As far as I can tell Infinity isn't available in tubes yet so it's a quarts and gallons only.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Jules! Are you finding that you need to work a little differently with it?I just picked some up and am liking it very much so far. - it,s much thinner than the other Barge glues, almost watery - clear, yay! No more yellow smudges. Seems to work better wet to wet with a little pressure rather than the usual let-it-dry-then-attach method. Perhaps I just need to use a thicker layer of cement? I tend to glue sparingly, just enough to hold prices together nicely for sewing and riveting.The heat activating is a great tip! This stuff sure dries fast!

1336078894[/url]' post='246284']

Hey,

I have and still do use the Infinity glue. It is my favorite. The reasons are: of course, toluene free, as well, the glue is heat activated so you can glue, let it dry, maybe cause you forgot, or maybe you're working on another job... come back to it, and put a heat gun to it for 15secs... and voila, you have a sticky piece ready for action!

Hope this helps,

Jules