piddler

"blue" Gun Source Needed

I am wanting to expand my holster business now that I have a machine capable of sewing them. I have found a few blue guns on ebay, and many others on US Cav.com "they are real expensive there" but was hoping someone knew of a better place. Thanks in advance.

Google a company called Law Enforcement Targets, . . . in Minnesota (I think).

When you get on their site, it is down in the bottom of the first page, in one of the columns on the right side, . . . under tools I think, . . .

They have always come through for me, . . . price, service, delivery, . . . and if they don't have it, . . . they'll find it and drop ship it to you if you ask.

I always go to them first, . . . and have never been disappointed.

May God bless,

Dwight

Google a company called Law Enforcement Targets, . . . in Minnesota (I think).

When you get on their site, it is down in the bottom of the first page, in one of the columns on the right side, . . . under tools I think, . . .

They have always come through for me, . . . price, service, delivery, . . . and if they don't have it, . . . they'll find it and drop ship it to you if you ask.

I always go to them first, . . . and have never been disappointed.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you so much

Rob a member on this site has RMB leather sells blue guns pretty much anything available he has or can get. Service is great. http://www.rmbcl.com/

see note below.

Edited by TwoMikes

Guys the www.rmbcl.com website is my leather store not the site for the Blueguns and supplies. If you are looking for Blueguns or holster making supplies go to www.bluegunstore.com

Edited by RMB Custom Leather

Hi Piddler,

Seems these days there a lot of sources for Blue guns on line, with similar sale prices.

I found myself spending way too much time searching through them comparing prices, shipping and delivery times.

Time I could have been spending on the work bench making money. I also got tired of telling internet customers I could not help

them due to the lack of dummy gun.

I opted to save up enough for a min. dealer order from Ring's, read the forums for recommended lists and then placed my order.

Some I make money on, some not so. But, I did learn some things.

No one out there selling Ring's Blue Guns is getting rich doing it.

I think retail on most handguns is $50, the most common sale price on line is $39.

So, that leaves shipping costs and delivery time.

In the past I have found both free and paid shipping can take up to a month with some on line sellers. Probably due to drop shipping.

I have found very few that had both a competitive price and fast delivery, but there are some out there.

One I have used in the past was Alternate Force and they were pretty good.

I have also seen RMB mentioned here in the forums with positive comments and recommendations.

I guess what I am trying to say, is that depending on fast you need the dummy can be more important than a few dollars. And, is the time you are spending searching for the perfect price costing you money in time away from the bench.

These are just my own observations.

I've had great service and products from Rob at the Blue Guns Store...best prices and fast shipping.

I get mine from slickbald custom leather. www.makersleathersupply.com

Edited by cowboy bowhunter

Buying them from Rob has simplified my life and process so much. It used to be a search for a gun then I'd order one and hope that it came in a reasonable time. Rob has come through every times and always very quickly. You can see whats available in stock which ships roght away and whats not. The longest it normally takes is 10 days.

His website has become a useful tool as well as its easy to see what is available

duckcreektraders usually has some for sale on their ebay auction

You can also see all they have available on their website BUNKHOUSE TOOLS

Cheryl

Thanks for that link I have been trying to find percussion cap revolver holster molds for some time now

thanks to you I dont have to look any further.

I recently bought a mold from Duckcreek traders for a Derringer. It was cheap and is pretty decent. I don't think it would be quite as strong as a blue gun but its plenty fine. I like it better than the Duncan's. they also included two patterns with it, they have embossing plates to use with the provided patterns. I doubt I'd ever use the patterns but ill keep them just in case. They also included a CD but I haven't put it in the computer to see what's on it, I'm guessing images of their other stuff.

Cheryl

Thanks for that link I have been trying to find percussion cap revolver holster molds for some time now

thanks to you I dont have to look any further.

I was thinkin I should have said that they are

not the 'blue gun' molds, but that they were a

Holster mold made of cast resin polymer.

Sooooo, I am Very happy I could be of help :thumbsup:

And Yes The duckcreektraders CD has pictures of all of their emboss plates,

emboss rolls, Embossing Machines, Holster Molds, and Also ---> information on

Antiquing and also Plate Embossing and Die Cutting. I have posted their information

from that CD on the Antiquing and also Plate Embossing and Die Cutting. I also posted links to

that information on my profile... so you can all see that information if you are interested.

Edited by LNLeather

I have been using Bunkhouse tool CO/Duckcreek traders holster molds for a couple of years I have all of their cowboy and percusion molds and they work great.

that is good to know camo ridge

I just now had them send me an invoice for an 1858 Remington new army mold gun

really the only place I could find percussion cap mold guns