Froghunter

Something a little different

Well, I came up with an idea..... Ya I know, scary huh.....

So I was fooling around last night and made a pattern and...well....this is what happened.

I am extremely happy with it and plan to do more pieces in this type of style. Basically I just removed the flowers from a pattern and added my own stuff. I think these would make great wallets, purses, what ever, at least for those that like that sort of thing.

What do y'all think?

Twisted_Sheridan1.jpg

Twisted_Sheridan2.jpg

post-5734-1206747487_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1206747507_thumb.jpg

I like it,nice work.Moon

Now that's what I'm talking about. GREAT WORK !!! I'm not a big fan of traditional western, guess cause I'm not from the West. I like 'different' and that is great. Keep it up.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

I'll be damned....that is ORIGINAL! Nice work. Wonder what it would look like on a saddle......hmmmmm

what a great design, i too am not a big fan of the flower thingys (but i do appreciate their beauty) ...you can never have too many skulls in your life!

Not usually a fan of skulls, but I like this. Well done!

heh, reminds me of covers for the old e.c. comics.

I like how this came out. Very cool. Way to keep it scary.

I AM a big fan of western style stuff and Sheridan style carving. :cowboy:

Having said that I like this idea! :specool: I think it would be real cool if the if it were just the skulls and they were a little more hidden. You would look at it going "Wow, nice Sheridan carving! Wait a minute...are those skulls? What the ??..." It would be a like a real cool leather carving inside joke.

You did a real nice job! It's always cool to think "outside the box", so to speak. I like it!

Regards,

Nick

This is great :thumbsup:

Traditional with a twist, me like!

You're the man Frog! I love stuff that blends two styles and this is a new style to me.

The clownhat bonehead blend in really cool with that hat going into the pattern.

I also agree with Grunt that it would be really cool with a version where they're almost hidden and pops out at you at closer look.

Keep 'em coming!

Tom

I like this. :)

Okay, Froggie, if you & Spider are going to invent a new flavor of carving style, we'd better give it a catchy name. "Skulls and Roses" "Sheridan Skull" "Creepy Floral" "Sheridan Scary" "Floral Gothic"? Hmmm...it's pretty cool, whatever you call it.

Johanna

How bout Gothidan Floral Style

Thanks for the words all!!!

I enjoy trying to come up with "outside the box" stuff, and once in a while I am successful.

I am working on another pattern along this same idea for a wallet. I think that one is gonna be even better!

Dbar - I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SADDLE DONE LIKE THIS!!!!!!! I think it would look INSANE!

Frog this is a great intro to the blend of stuff we can do. Kinda a transition piece into the "other". I will post a piece I did with this concept too. you did a great job and should be proud.

Well, I came up with an idea..... Ya I know, scary huh.....

So I was fooling around last night and made a pattern and...well....this is what happened.

I am extremely happy with it and plan to do more pieces in this type of style. Basically I just removed the flowers from a pattern and added my own stuff. I think these would make great wallets, purses, what ever, at least for those that like that sort of thing.

What do y'all think?

Isn't amazing what you can come up with when you're "fooling around"?? I still don't get the "skull kulture", as i like to call it....but that work of yours borders on ingenious....OK, so I went a little far...but I like it!!

way cool, thats the type of thing I have to do to be original ( I don't have an artistic bone in my body) so I borrow from this and that until I have something I like. wish I could freehand something like this, perhaps with practice. very nice work.

Real cool Frog, I think you should take up saddle making now and do a saddle like that. I also like the idea of kind of hiding the skulls in the work a bit more, kind of like that artist that hides the horses and such in her paintings.

Ken

Very nice! I can envision this 'neo-Sheridan' style on the Headless Horseman's saddle : )

~Tammy

Very nice! I can envision this 'neo-Sheridan' style on the Headless Horseman's saddle : )

~Tammy

Thanks Tammy......Yeah, it would make a killer saddle!!!!

There ya go Johanna - NEO-SHERIDAN, I like it!

Good job!

The words "Sheridan Gone Wild" keep running through my head....

Crystal