Steve Brewer

My Images On Ebay

Got a call from JW Wright this afternoon telling me there was a saddle of mine on ebay.Checked it out and found it was listed for sale by someone in texas.The only thing is it's still setting in my shop.They listed it as they were the maker and offered free shipping on it.The pictures they used were copied off of this site.Now to get ebay to stop the listing and prosecute this person for fraud.

Steve

Good catch, JW! We will be happy to provide eBay with any documentation they may need about where the thief got the pics.

Sorry someone did this to you, Steve.

~J

Good catch, JW! We will be happy to provide eBay with any documentation they may need about where the thief got the pics.

Sorry someone did this to you, Steve.

~J

These things Happen Johanna.Hope to get it resloved soon

Hey Steve,

if it hasn't been removed yet, can you let me know how I can find it on Ebay? I like to keep track of these things...we'll probably see the same person do it again under a different name but the overall look of the listing page will probably look similar. I've seen this several times now.

Darcy

Hey Steve,

if it hasn't been removed yet, can you let me know how I can find it on Ebay? I like to keep track of these things...we'll probably see the same person do it again under a different name but the overall look of the listing page will probably look similar. I've seen this several times now.

Darcy

Darcy,The item no. is180474488045,The seller is listed as eltotopo

Anybody recognize this one - 180474447321 ? It looks kind of familiar to me. The work looks better than his ranch cutter. Looks like it may have a different maker stamp format than the ranch cutting saddle he has listed too.

Anybody recognize this one - 180474447321 ? It looks kind of familiar to me. The work looks better than his ranch cutter. Looks like it may have a different maker stamp format than the ranch cutting saddle he has listed too.

this saddle is made by robert chavez, I have reported this saddle listing before on ebay.

Well, that is enough to frost anybody! I am sure we all will be glad to testify on this sort of thing. If you need help, just hollar!

Bob

thanks for the ebay number Steve. Steve Mason is right about the saddle made by Robert Chavez... I've seen that listing a number of times now. Really burns me up knowing what this guy is doing. Hope you can get something done about it.

Darcy

There are two people that I know who have purchased from this guy and they "rave" about his work. However I show them the pictures of the saddles on other builders sites and also that the claims of him making the trees is WRONG. I have scared a couple of other people away from him. At a bare minimum even if they are satisfied with his saddles he is misrepresenting himself, his work and stealing photos. :eusa_naughty:

Regards,

Ben

You aren't alone here - this guy also used one of my saddle images on Ebay, and claimed it was one of his saddles. One of my friends was searching for a used saddle on ebay for a customer of his, and found it, called me right away, as he knew the work...I turned the guy in, so it's interesting that, even tho Ebay claims to prosecute to the fullest, that he keeps doing this, and he is still allowed to sell on their site, using the same name he did when he used my pix to misrepresent his work!

Thanks for all the support.To let you all know I have filed some paperwork and a letter from my Att. to ebay trying to get this guy and others like him stopped from posting someone elses pictures on there auction site.We will see if it works.

Thanks Steve

Thanks for the update, Steve, and hopefully your actions will save not only other makers from having their images stolen but some buyers being taken as well. I know a lot of saddle makers keep an eye on E-bay. Now that this guy has been pegged and his actions published here and on other forums, hopefully there will be lots of eyes watching out for what he is posting and reporting it as soon as it goes up. Maybe eventually E-bay will get the message...

Hello I'm Louis Carrillo

Since I apologize to you steve, I made a terrible mistake, now I am paying the terrible consequences.On the other hand I am a true saddlemaker Fisrt my most sincere respects to Darcy Kabatoff, and Steve Mason saddlemaker both the best of the best in the art of saddlemakeing

For personal problems of the cancer of my wife I was behind on my

orders, but it is for this person to steve B, I will no to trample on my reputation of saddlemaker, closed the auction for fear of negative feedback, but not because I can not make this quality of saddles, something ridiculous, knowing how demanding is the community from ebay to present something that is not.

those others who THROUGH comment for this person steve B saddlestrees are saying my bad saddle trees I invite yout contact me.everytime I more familiarize myself with the system dennis lane of Australia

I will put on ebay or other leather board disc. photos of will james or wade saddles and will also here in leatherworker and you'll see that I am NOT a beginner making saddles.

Believe it or not I have learned alot from darcy kabatoff, his work is the TOP OF THE LINE.

Here in leatheworker,and I also see his work in canada four years ago Spec.this person

motivated me to make better work everytime I made a saddle

Now I invite you expert saddlemaker or bigginer to share everything we know If some read this and its

try to learn saddlemaking to visit me and Ill teach you for free.

Let make the art of saddlamaking not disappear!!!

Louis Carrillo

This problem with stolen images seams to be a growing problem and falls within the mission of the AMERICAN SADDLE MAKERS ASSOCIATION. We need to start building a database on each infraction. For those who have had a problem please email all the details to info@saddlemakers.org With the subject "Stolen Images". ASMA will archive each situation and start building the database that we can use in the future to address the problem as needed.

Hello I'm Louis Carrillo

Since I apologize to you steve, I made a terrible mistake, now I am paying the terrible consequences.On the other hand I am a true saddlemaker Fisrt my most sincere respects to Darcy Kabatoff, and Steve Mason saddlemaker both the best of the best in the art of saddlemakeing

For personal problems of the cancer of my wife I was behind on my

orders, but it is for this person to steve B, I will no to trample on my reputation of saddlemaker, closed the auction for fear of negative feedback, but not because I can not make this quality of saddles, something ridiculous, knowing how demanding is the community from ebay to present something that is not.

those others who THROUGH comment for this person steve B saddlestrees are saying my bad saddle trees I invite yout contact me.everytime I more familiarize myself with the system dennis lane of Australia

I will put on ebay or other leather board disc. photos of will james or wade saddles and will also here in leatherworker and you'll see that I am NOT a beginner making saddles.

Believe it or not I have learned alot from darcy kabatoff, his work is the TOP OF THE LINE.

Here in leatheworker,and I also see his work in canada four years ago Spec.this person

motivated me to make better work everytime I made a saddle

Now I invite you expert saddlemaker or bigginer to share everything we know If some read this and its

try to learn saddlemaking to visit me and Ill teach you for free.

Let make the art of saddlamaking not disappear!!!

Louis Carrillo

Louis,Sorry that your wife is sick,but that doesn't give you the right to post others pictures and claim they are your own.Even after I sent you a message you still cliamed that you built the saddle.It is hard enough to make a living in this trade when you are honest and straight up.What you have done is commit fraud.trying to sell something you don't have,something someone alse made,and claiming that you built it.I wonder how anyone can trust you to make anything.

Steve Brewer

Louis:

I also am very sad to hear your wife has cancer, it is a terrible disease that I am sure has affected every person on this board in some way of another, whether it be thier close relatives or dear friends, cancer has touched all of us.

This does not give you or anyone the right to STEAL, LIE AND CHEAT!!! Which is what you have done to Steve Brewer and Robert Chavez (who has reported you to ebay for doing the same thing to him over a year ago, and you used the same photo of his again untill I and I am sure other reported you to ebay for being a theif)

Your proven track record of stealing photos and putting them on ebay as your own show's your low moral character. This is not excusable thing you are doing. I will be following you on ebay and any time I see you being a thief I will report you as so.

This has nothing to do with your abilties as a saddle maker, this is about your actions of being a thief.

Steve Mason

Luis,

It appears you have been making the same “terrible mistake” for a long time. In June 2008, “Louis Carrillo” sent us an e-mail with two pictures to show us “your work”. Looking at this thread made me curious and I did some checking. I have attached the pictures you sent below. The reining saddle was actually made by Shelly Liggitt. I sent her the image and I just got off the phone with her. This was one of the pictures you put up on E-bay, selling “your” saddle with her pictures. She reported you then and yet you are still doing the same thing now.

Who is the real maker of the Wade, Luis? Or does anyone else know the real maker of it?

reiner78.jpg

wade98.jpg

post-1524-12678226859_thumb.jpg

post-1524-126782284969_thumb.jpg

The wade is not from my site, but I'd bet everything I own that Louis did not build it! I had some of Chuck Treon's saddles on my used saddle listings, and thought maybe he'd taken a Wade pic from that area, but this is not one of Chucks - I'd like to know who made it as well...?

Just so everyone knows what happened to me - this pic of the reining saddle I made for one of my customers was posted by Louis on Ebay some time back - I was alerted to this by a friend that recognized my work. The saddle was listed as having been made by Louis, and was for sale on the auction, and had already had a number of bids on it. So, I turned the whole thing in to the powers that be on Ebay...figuring the matter solved. Anyway, since Louis lives here in Texas, and I do as well, I will probably talk to my lawyer about what I can do about what has already been done to me...I think it will be even easier to deal with fraud when it doesn't cross state lines...but, then again, doesn't this become a federal matter when it does cross state lines??

I have also had sellers on Ebay use links to my website as proof that used saddles they were selling were made by me - because one of these factory saddles had a makers stamp of 'MJ' on it...I had a nice conversation with the girl that purchased said saddle on the auction, as she had gone to my site, was thrilled at the workmanship she saw there, thinking this saddle would be great for what she was going to do with it, even tho it was older. I assured here that one glance at the first pic was all I needed to tell her 'no, not mine'...she promptly sent off an email to the seller to tell her the good news, and the seller sent me a scathing email about the whole affair! I sent her an email that basically invited her to discuss her problems with my lawyer, as she was, at the very least, misrepresenting her items for sale, at the most, she was defaming my character and reputation! And I told her she should do a little more research, and she very well could have sent me a note and a few pix, just as her buyer did, to verify whether that saddle was something I made or not - just taking it for granted doesn't fly!

My daddy always told me...."If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and acts like a duck...." you get the picture! Louis can apologize all he wants, but he's been at this for quite some time, and I'm sure his remorse is more for being caught with his pants down, than because he truly is sorry about his actions!!

Shelly,I like to know what its the saddle did you mention I copy from you.Some people in this Great web site Look like the only in the world making saddles,I can pay for layer but that ist not the point,If you attack Me The natural respon.its defen.Some of you act like the only saddlemaker and the whole world.What you company name or you saddle shop.There is to many people asking me about making a saddle like that from any or other comany I CANT SEE THE TRADE MARK ON DESIGNS.

In any type of work always admired the work of a colleague is doing the same or better.I accept my mistake with steve, but neither have I committed a murder, a thousand times pronuciare admire many saddlemaker best-known network kabatoff darcy, steve mason, jeremiah watts, if your point is to destroy my reputation go head on ebay, is not the whole horse industry, the people in the whole world its very smart,very smart sonner or later I will show to more and more people my saddle and my work

Im not the best saddlemaker There a bunch out there,they really are SUBLIME work ther are not here They hit the market with REAL super quality saddle I invitie you If I offent you in any way Please accept my alologize.

Of the problems that had recently with dif.saddlamerks and with the illness of my wife, I feel that my world ended for me, my apologies are from my heart.

I have no words to continue to express as much as I feel,HOPE GOOD FORGIVE ME for all that people I have offended

Louis Carrillo

SM

aAre you hiting me to Dennis,IN the name of god with all this problems I got NOW MY wife with the cancer,The economi situ.

And a bunch of PROBLEMS now this I respect you,I do my own work And I was and try to learn from you,any body else here no

Problem but you????????

Bye the way I can prove My wife its sick and alot of problems to,Maybe next time All people here mention

Im palying with the healt of my wife too.

CANT BE

Louis Carrillo