Sign in to follow this  
trast

Looking for "Pouch Studs & Cutter/Punch"

Hello, I have a couple things I've been trying to find with no luck. Glad to stumble across this forum. Please let me know if you can answer any of my requests.

Pouch Stud & Cutter/ Punch

I'm trying to find a punch that looks like a key hole. I think it might be called a Pouch Stud Cutter? It's used sometimes for bag straps. I'm also looking for a "Pouch Stud" which goes into the keyhole. I've attached a photo of an example of what I'm looking for.

Modern Findings

Also, if you happen to have a few links of suppliers of well made findings (rivets, snaps, buckles etc...) I would really appreciate it. I'm trying to find a supplier (small quantities) of really well made findings, comparable to those you might find on some of the nicer men's bags such as Gucci, Jack Spade, Bali etc.. I'm looking for both modern/sleek findings, as well as old world, somewhat hand forged looking hardware.

Thanks in advance!

strap.jpg

post-10192-1239706999_thumb.jpg

Edited by trast

Hello, I have a couple things I've been trying to find with no luck. Glad to stumble across this forum. Please let me know if you can answer any of my requests.

Pouch Stud & Cutter/ Punch

I'm trying to find a punch that looks like a key hole. I think it might be called a Pouch Stud Cutter? It's used sometimes for bag straps. I'm also looking for a "Pouch Stud" which goes into the keyhole. I've attached a photo of an example of what I'm looking for.

Modern Findings

Also, if you happen to have a few links of suppliers of well made findings (rivets, snaps, buckles etc...) I would really appreciate it. I'm trying to find a supplier (small quantities) of really well made findings, comparable to those you might find on some of the nicer men's bags such as Gucci, Jack Spade, Bali etc.. I'm looking for both modern/sleek findings, as well as old world, somewhat hand forged looking hardware.

Thanks in advance!

Where is the photo? I think what you want is what we call a Pippin Punch.

Tony.

The punch you're looking for is indeed a pippin punch, and can be found at http://www.leprevo.co.uk/photos/button_pippin.htm.

The studs are Sam Browne studs, and can be found at http://www.leprevo.co.uk/press_studs.html.

I guess these must be available in the US (assuming that you are in the US!).

just found one at Hidehouse here hidehouse

hope it helps

ken

Thanks everyone for your help. I was also wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to find some well made/designed hardware (snaps, d-rings, o-rings etc...). Specifically I'm hoping to find a good collection of flat rings, sliders etc... with a matt finish. Also if anyone has a link to a collection of cast hardware for that old world appeal.

Thanks again

Thanks everyone for your help. I was also wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to find some well made/designed hardware (snaps, d-rings, o-rings etc...). Specifically I'm hoping to find a good collection of flat rings, sliders etc... with a matt finish. Also if anyone has a link to a collection of cast hardware for that old world appeal.

Thanks again

You may find them here: https://www.siegelofca.com/default.asp

I know he has the pippin punch.

Edited by Billsotx