Jimbob

West Eagle Seat Pan Covered...

A seat pan covered for a friend....I left the original high density foam of about a 1/4 inch on it and used 15 oz saddle skirting to make the top, the bottom is made of 3-4 oz veg tan and the dye is Vinegeroon...

All stitching is done as close as possible to the edge with an ADLER 105-64...the thread is bonded Nylon in 138.

A bit of neatsfoot oil, several layers of leather conditioner and a simple seat is born...

Hope you all like it.

James

post-10280-084345300 1345047751_thumb.jp

post-10280-096546900 1345047825_thumb.jp

A seat pan covered for a friend....I left the original high density foam of about a 1/4 inch on it and used 15 oz saddle skirting to make the top, the bottom is made of 3-4 oz veg tan and the dye is Vinegeroon...

All stitching is done as close as possible to the edge with an ADLER 105-64...the thread is bonded Nylon in 138.

A bit of neatsfoot oil, several layers of leather conditioner and a simple seat is born...

Hope you all like it.

James

Nice looking seat! What is the significance of the design?

I've got a Cobra Class 4 machine on the way. What size thread did you use on the seat? Did you glue it down before sewing?

I've got a Cobra Class 4 machine on the way. What size thread did you use on the seat? Did you glue it down before sewing?

Bobby...

You gonna love the Cobra, I am sure!!

The thread is bonded Nylon from The Threadexchange in Weaverville, NC...it is size 207....

And yes, I did glue everything down....while I wet formed the upper and lower piece.

Then I tried to stitch as close as possible to the edge with my Adler 105-64....went better than I thought...

back of seat has a little pinstriping line art carved and all is Vinegeroon black!

Greetings

James

Ohhh and I forgot, I did some research on the design...I had no clue either.....it is a pegan symbol, for good and bad,,??! Also a cover symbol for a later rock band....not my idea, but owner is happy...

Also a cover symbol for a later rock band....not my idea, but owner is happy...

Most people will recognize it as that first, which is sad. But, it's an excellent job. I really love the finish touch the red thread gives it.

Thanks James. I get most of my thread from The Thread Exchange. Quick shipping since they're so close to me. I can't wait to get the new machine. I'm trying to get a thread and leather order together now!

Nice work on the seat.

The symbol is just a logo for a band called him (not a fan personally). Never seen it before they came out... just a bastardization of a pentagram.

All stitching is done as close as possible to the edge with an ADLER 105-64...the thread is bonded Nylon in 207

Hope you all like it.

James

Love the seat. Great work.

The heartagram isn't really a pagan symbol. it's just a logo for a band. Bam Margera from Jackass fame also uses it. The creator of the symbol, front man from the band HIM, gave him partial copyright to use it.