Sign in to follow this  
mcn

Mounted Shooting Holster For A Shotgun

Made this for a friend who was having hard time finding one that would work for his shotgun. I got an order for another one from another shooter that saw it. It was fairly easy to make so I hope to get more orders.

post-19265-076340500 1339770896_thumb.jp

post-19265-059647600 1339771321_thumb.jp

Great concept..is your buddy a lefty?. I'm just nit picking here, but the edges look a little unfinished...im not sure if that was intentional or not??? also, it looks like you used your thumbs for the molding right under the end of the forearm....i used to get those same cresent shaped spots when thumbing my leather down in certain spots..after a few times i learned to cut my nails stupid short, get my hands surgically clean (cause if its on your hands when wet molding, it will work its way into the leather), and use smooth tools whenever possible...now your stitching looks great, and i love the contrasting colors of the straps...

Made this for a friend who was having hard time finding one that would work for his shotgun. I got an order for another one from another shooter that saw it. It was fairly easy to make so I hope to get more orders.

Very nice!

Cowboy simple and effective.

I'm wondering if it should have a retainer to keep it from bouncing?

Kevin.

Thanks for the comments. Yes those are my finger nail marks and the edges should have had more time spent on them. Both of witch I will have to remedy.

The gun itself is snug in the holster and won't bounce and is only in the holster for a matter of seconds. I haven't seen him at a shoot with the shot gun but I think they shoot 6 from there pistol then draw the shot gun.

I just hung that on my saddle for the pictures, the straps are removable so it can be turned either way. He asked for lots of strap as he was not sure how he would tie it to his saddle. It seems pretty awkward to me so if anyone has ideas

or different ways to hook one on your comments would be appreciated.