Hi Leather Friends,

I was hoping to get some feedback on my Etsy shop in which I sell leather hides, panels and scrap... I am interested in what you like/don't like, what else you would like to see available and general advice. I have had lots of visitors but I have yet to get the sales volume I would like from my Etsy Shop. I would like to hear from those of you who have an Etsy shop tips that worked as well for you!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LeatherCollector?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Thanks in advance for the constructive advice.

S.A.

Hey, S.A. -

Lots of leather on there. There are so many colors, it really gets distracting. I felt compelled to skip past all the listings with the four or six panels of colors, and only really focused on the pictures that were up close, like the yellow frog pattern, the top grain picture, and the embossed leather panel on the second page.

Maybe you should consider using only texture pictures for the icon and include pictures of all the colors maybe in the listing. You could also expand your sections part to include "embossed", "exotic leathers", etc. Maybe even "geometric patterns" as well. Anything to narrow it down from too much leather to see details.

You have leathers I would love to have but you don't ship to Canada.

Monica, those are some great suggestions I've already implemented some of them regarding the pictures so you can see the texture from the shop menu, I plan of updating the sections once I have a few more items added to help organize.

leatherwytch I will have that fixed by this afternoon!

Monica, those are some great suggestions I've already implemented some of them regarding the pictures so you can see the texture from the shop menu, I plan of updating the sections once I have a few more items added to help organize.

leatherwytch I will have that fixed by this afternoon!

Hi there S.A.

I don't typically post, but you might find this helpful as I always like honest feedback.

Looks like you have some great leather and textures, and the close up pictures are definitely the way to present them. Maybe one reason you have a lot of lookers, but few purchases are people like me: Looks like you have good material but almost all are not what I use in my items.

However, you have one item that I do use, the light and dark suede. Here is my thought process:

Oh, look, here is something I use. <click>

Picture looks nice, colors look good.

How's the price? $100, Yikes.

How big is it then? 20 sq feet? Ok. Wait, $5/sq foot? Nice.

"A top quality suede leather from Europe. Average hide 20 square feet. Price per sq ft only $5.00!"

How much do I usually pay locally? <math-like thoughts> only buy on sale for $40ish for 8(ish) sq feet... $5/sq feet... hmmm

Try to justify: 20 sq feet would mean a bigger piece with less waste.

Questions arise: What animal hide? How thick is it? How much is shipping?

Check shipping, $20 for shipping?!?!? Yikes.

Conclusion:

I have specific needs for product materials...

$120 for an etsy product that I know is what I need might be worth it.

$120 for an etsy product that might be too thick or the wrong type of suede... ...too big of a risk.

I write this in an honest and respectful tone, hope it reads that way and you find it helpful.

ATM