Johanna

Starting and Maintaining a Leather Guild

How to start a guild

Sample bylaws for a guild

Operating policies and procedures

This information was graciously provided by Ernie Wayman, who is retiring as president of the International Federation of Leathercraft Guilds (IFoLG) this year. This info is modeled on The Central Indiana Leathercrafters Guild and can be adapted to suit an individual guild's needs. Note: anyone can form a guild, but your guild must be accepted into the IFoLG to have any voting rights or participation in the competitions. There are standards and obligations to joining the IFoLG. No individual is a member of the IFoLG. The IFoLG is governed by the delegates sent by the member guilds. Thanks, Ernie, for providingt this information, and we'll see you at the show!

Johanna

Complete list of IFoLG member guilds

Mrs. J~

Just wondering if LW could a button or area for Guilds to post upcoming meeting information and project information. Since I travel a lot, sometimes to other states, I am always viewing this site and it would be nice to visit another guild as time permits.

Just wondering, thanks for the post! :grouphug5vj5:

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

{Remember: Stop & Strop!}

We could, but they won't. Getting guilds to give you info and pics to do newsletters or websites is difficult- and I should know, I do the websites for 4 different guilds. All the classes and events we know about are on our calendar- scroll down the first page to the bottom "Upcoming Events". Click on anything for more information. Anyone can list a guild event on that calendar, or use the chat room to hold a meeting. Private rooms are available. LW tries to support leather guild efforts 100%.

Johanna

Cool. That will work for us here in Austin, Texas. I will definately go into the Calendar and post our stuff.

I appreciate it.

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

~Remember to Stop & Strop~

How to start a guild

This information was graciously provided by Ernie Wayman, who is retiring as president of the International Federation of Leathercraft Guilds (IFoLG) this year. This info is modeled on The Central Indiana Leathercrafters Guild and can be adapted to suit an individual guild's needs. Note: anyone can form a guild, but your guild must be accepted into the IFoLG to have any voting rights or participation in the competitions. There are standards and obligations to joining the IFoLG. No individual is a member of the IFoLG. The IFoLG is governed by the delegates sent by the member guilds. Thanks, Ernie, for providingt this information, and we'll see you at the show!

Johanna

Hi all

I have joined just resently and have injoyed this site. I have been pounding since 1966; but only now and then. I have been doing moe as of late and do want to, sooner or later, start selling my work and to take special orders. I sure there are folks like me who want to do the same. With that said we'all need to better our craft and to do that Ifeel we need a "Guild". I'm interest in starting one in in the North Houston area. PLease .................. any feedback?......................... helpsmilie.gif

How to start a guild

Johanna

Is there a guild or association of leather workers that has a group health insurance available?

That would be cool!

Hi ya'll,

I am investigating starting a Leather Guild in NE Florida. If there is anyone interested in helping from the ground floor up, please contact me at SunshineNative@aol.com. I am currently investigating meetings at the local Tandy Shop, and will be working on flyers and posters over the next few weeks with meeting date and times posted. Many thanks for the opportunity to share the information.

Dianne

cowgirl.png

(is that a cool cow-girl or what?)

Thank you for the information Johanna. A few friends and have started and are in the process of formalizing Guild (the DelMarVa Leather Workers/Crafters Guild) and as acting President I have been looking for help on founding a Guild. Our members are from Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia; thus our moniker; and we have members of many experience levels, though most of us are beginners. James