jeff1040

custom tool box for leather tools

custom tool box- looking to custom deign the perfect leather tool box to carry to leather shows

The art of making leather cases vol. 1 has a realy nive desighn for carying your stamps and swivleknives it is located on page 58

I know I once considered a machinist toolbox out of wood. I believe Harbor Frieght carries a similiar model.

I know I once considered a machinist toolbox out of wood. I believe Harbor Frieght carries a similiar model.

Yea harbor frieght dose cay them and they are very nice the drowrs are felt lined and the construction is good. here is a pic of it

94538.bmp

94538.bmp

Yea harbor frieght dose cay them and they are very nice the drowrs are felt lined and the construction is good. here is a pic of it

94538.bmp

I got that one from Harbor Freight for Christmas. It will hold a ton of tools. The first two drawers have dividers in them....perfect for the camos, bevelers. It's heavy when its full of tools.

If you are looking for a design to build your own, then you may want to consider the features in the toolbox that Tandy used to sell back in the "old days". Scan from 1963 catalog. These come up for sale every so often on eBay, but they usually come with tools in them - I have only seen one offered by itself in 10 years. A tool box that incorporates the top feature where the stamping tools are all face up with each in it's own hole, and several drawers for other tools as in the machinist chest would be really nice. You would only be limited by what you could carry.

Box ad sm.jpg

post-13007-126400193304_thumb.jpg

I had one and gave it away to a fellow student when I started this craft. She is now a Tandy Manager in Arizona. I have another one handmade that carries only swivel knifes and stamping tools for sale.

Good luck

I like this toolbox.

94538.bmp

These old antiques are always inspiring.

http://machinistches...d=13&item_id=20 then Click on the image tab

John

These old antiques are always inspiring.

http://machinistches...d=13&item_id=20 then Click on the image tab

John

Cannot find http://machinistches...d=13&item_id=20/ DNS Error - Server cannot be found

I make custom lkeather tool boxes. I will show you a couple of samples of what I make. If you like them make one for yourself. you can make these with locks and handles to take with you.

The first box is made of walnut and the second one is made of wood and coverd with leather with a red diamond tuck on the front and on the inside. you can make one any size and to hold as many of tools as you want. If you have any questions contacc me and i can tell you how they are made. Gary

wood tool box #5.JPG

wood tool box #4.JPG

wood tool box #3.JPG

wood tool box #2.JPG

100_1616.JPG

leathertool box #2.JPG

leather tools #4.JPG

leather tool box #3.JPG

post-12512-126810886402_thumb.jpg

post-12512-126810888076_thumb.jpg

post-12512-126810888917_thumb.jpg

post-12512-126810889846_thumb.jpg

post-12512-126810890934_thumb.jpg

post-12512-126810892272_thumb.jpg

post-12512-126810899648_thumb.jpg

post-12512-126810901297_thumb.jpg

I make custom lkeather tool boxes. I will show you a couple of samples of what I make. If you like them make one for yourself. you can make these with locks and handles to take with you.

The first box is made of walnut and the second one is made of wood and coverd with leather with a red diamond tuck on the front and on the inside. you can make one any size and to hold as many of tools as you want. If you have any questions contacc me and i can tell you how they are made. Gary

Gary

Those are very nice cases!

Al

Just a quick note. This toolbox is available at harbor freight for about $79.00! I know, I own one!

I can't believe they want over $650 for that other toolbox.