Don McNeil

New Guy From Arizona Checking In

My name is Don McNeil I live in Arizona and have done leather work on and off for a lot of years, Not seriously though till about 8 months ago. I have always wanted to make knives for a hobby and finally built a forge a started doing in. Naturally I needed something to hold my knives and I pulled out all my leather tools and started making my sheaths too. Well now I am enjoying the leather work as much as the knife work and some how I found this site. I am hoping to learn a lot here and contribute where I can.

Welcome Don, to Leatherworker.net! You have found the best site on the internet.

We have a subforum devoted to holsters and sheathes, so that would be an excellent place to get some ideas or show off your work. A fair warning....we LOVE pictures here. You might want to check out some of the posts by DCKnives, as David is also a knife maker and does his own sheathes too.

My name is Don McNeil I live in Arizona and have done leather work on and off for a lot of years, Not seriously though till about 8 months ago. I have always wanted to make knives for a hobby and finally built a forge a started doing in. Naturally I needed something to hold my knives and I pulled out all my leather tools and started making my sheaths too. Well now I am enjoying the leather work as much as the knife work and some how I found this site. I am hoping to learn a lot here and contribute where I can.

Hi Don, welcome! Where are you in the valley, approximately? I happen to do a little forging when I get invited over to the houses of people with forges (I live in an apartment :P) so if you ever wanted to get together to hit some steel maybe we could do that.

:welcome: Glad to have you aboard!You can learn alot here!

Hi Don, glad you found us, and thank you for joining. Steve