Gazi

Juki Dsc-246 Help Needed

Hi

Recently bought a Juki dsc-246 cylinder arm walking foot machine, when seller advertised it had binding attachment installed, I asked him about sewing leather and he said he will remove the binding set and install leather sewing set up.

Now it does sew but the lower feed sits under the plate 1mm and only moves forward and back, is this feed suppose to rise too when feeding material?

Please I need some advice , I'm new to sewing.

Thanks in advance

Thats interesting - I`m just about reworking an old Pfaff (flat bed) that has about the same "issue". The feed dog just moves back and forth but not up and down (not oscillating). After further inspection and comparing with pictures of other machines I figured it is lacking a certain mechanism (an additional driving rod). And after some more research I figured it is a special binding machine and it just does not need this additional rod.

Sounds odd but thats how it is.

So now hat I read your machine also "was" a binding machine before I think it is possible that the machine was just built that way and it is all correct.

But maybe one of the dealers can jump in and shed some more light on this.

Thanks for reply, I had briefly used pfaff 335 and from memory lower feed I'm sure was oscillating up and down and back and forth. Looks like our machines are missing a cam lobe type part that will raise and drop the feed as it spins

I don´t know the Juki - maybe you just have to make some adjustments - too many machines out there you cannot know all.

I´d contact a JUKI dealer (maybe Keystone Sewing Machine Co.) and ask for details.

I have never worked on that model but I think you just need to raise the feed dog There is a adjustment to do that

Yes,both the Pfaff & Juki are made for binder & the feed dog doesn't lift.