sbrownn

Needle & Awl Machine Wanted

I am looking to purchase a working needle and awl machine.

Steve Brown

sbrownn1069@gmail.com

Curved needle or straight?

Art

Straight...I think.

Something similar to a Landis 3, Cambell or Union Lockstitch.

Where are you at? I have a Champion I could be convinced to sell. It is incredibly heavy, not going to get shipped. I am in Portland Oregon.

That's not bad. I'm in Moscow, Idaho

Here is what I have. It is a champion. The original base has gone away and it is mounted to a counter top. The clutch motor that was on it when I got it has been upgraded with a servo. I bought it thinking I would use it all the time but it turns out I rarely do. I have had it for a couple years and it is more in my way than it is helping me. I have about $525 in it and would like that back of it goes away. The counter/bench go with it. If you are interested I can take more pics from different angles.

post-2349-0-11472000-1436078464_thumb.jp

Do you have any pictures?

I see you do.

I would like to buy it if you still want to sell it.

Here is what I have. It is a champion. The original base has gone away and it is mounted to a counter top. The clutch motor that was on it when I got it has been upgraded with a servo. I bought it thinking I would use it all the time but it turns out I rarely do. I have had it for a couple years and it is more in my way than it is helping me. I have about $525 in it and would like that back of it goes away. The counter/bench go with it. If you are interested I can take more pics from different angles.

I haven't heard back on the backside stitch picture. Are you still interested in selling? If so, please give me a call.

Steve

can you text me again? I inadvertently deleted our conversation.

I will be bringing a pickup so you don't need to remove the sewing machine from the base if you haven't already.

Can you message me and let me know where things are at?

Is the champion similar to the landis 16?

It looks similar in the stitching area.

Similar in that they are both needle and awl machines but the narrow throat Champion is more of a shoe repair machine and the Landis a saddle machine. A good Landis 16 would probably be much more desirable for general leather work and that is reflected in the difference in prices the two machines bring.

Isn't that a violation of the Mann act? Oh that's right, she's more than 18 years old.

Art