Jovial

Consew 206Rb-1 Problem

Hey everyone,

I am hoping to get some feedback about this problem. From what I have read in the manual and read online it seems the Consew 206rb-1 uses DPx17 needles (135x17) or 135x16 (leather point connotation?). When using the leather point needles that were given to me

the needle seems to occasionally jam in the bottom hole where it picks up the bobbin thread. The head comes down, pierces the leather and when it raises the needle is still in the bottom. I need to use a needle nose pliers to get the needle back out. The machine is threaded correctly, needle is inserted correctly. The screw that holds the needle in place is also tightened up properly when this occurs. I have had it happen on two layers of 6oz and also on a single layer while practicing and testing. It does not happen all the time, and not at all with a 135x17 sharp point needle (was just testing to see if it was the needle or the machine).

Anyone have any ideas on whats up?

Hey everyone,

I am hoping to get some feedback about this problem. From what I have read in the manual and read online it seems the Consew 206rb-1 uses DPx17 needles (135x17) or 135x16 (leather point connotation?). When using the leather point needles that were given to me

the needle seems to occasionally jam in the bottom hole where it picks up the bobbin thread. The head comes down, pierces the leather and when it raises the needle is still in the bottom. I need to use a needle nose pliers to get the needle back out. The machine is threaded correctly, needle is inserted correctly. The screw that holds the needle in place is also tightened up properly when this occurs. I have had it happen on two layers of 6oz and also on a single layer while practicing and testing. It does not happen all the time, and not at all with a 135x17 sharp point needle (was just testing to see if it was the needle or the machine).

Anyone have any ideas on whats up?

I think that your needle is too thin, try next size.

/ Knut

OldTimer;

You didn't tell us the size of the needles and size of thread you are trying to sew with. Jovial is suggesting that you try the next largest size of leather point needle. If the leather point needle is a smaller size than the round point, that would explain the problem.

Needle sizing is explained in a sticky topic at the top of the index page of the Leather Sewing Machines forum. Too small of a needle will fray the thread and cause other problems on the bottom of the material and in the bobbin case.

Finally, make sure the needle is firmly seated, all the way up in the needlebar. Listen for a tick sound as the pickup point passes the eye of the needle. That indicates unwanted contact. The point must just pass the eye, without touching it.

OldTimer;

You didn't tell us the size of the needles and size of thread you are trying to sew with. Jovial is suggesting that you try the next largest size of leather point needle. If the leather point needle is a smaller size than the round point, that would explain the problem.

Needle sizing is explained in a sticky topic at the top of the index page of the Leather Sewing Machines forum. Too small of a needle will fray the thread and cause other problems on the bottom of the material and in the bobbin case.

Finally, make sure the needle is firmly seated, all the way up in the needlebar. Listen for a tick sound as the pickup point passes the eye of the needle. That indicates unwanted contact. The point must just pass the eye, without touching it.

Wis, it is Jovial that has problems ! I was just suggesting a solution . :-)

/ Knut aka oldtimer

Wis, it is Jovial that has problems ! I was just suggesting a solution . :-)

/ Knut aka oldtimer

Oops! My bad!