Sign in to follow this  
JohnBarton

Chris

I like doing custom work because it gives me a chance to play and explore new things and ways to do things.

On this case Chris wanted his signature, but very subdued, so we chose to tool it and inlay it in a circle matched to the radius of the middle pocket. Middle pocket? Well, Chris also wanted a pocket for his joint protectors so we added a small one with a magnetic flap and an expandable center section so the pieces can be inserted and removed easily. And a matching towel ring, of course :-) We did a luggage tag, as requested, never knew those were so popular. For the logo we inlaid it on the back of the lid to match the inlaid signature on the front.

Chris also wanted it to be the oil tan combined with a rustic brown that was only a few shades apart. Took us a couple tries but we got there.

Oh, I almost forgot, we also made a custom plug that is easily removable for Chris' jump cue handle, and put in an extra divider in one of the butt compartments so that Chris can put both the butt and shaft of his break cue in the same compartment. Look closely at the left compartment of the interior. This is for the pool players on the board.

Lastly he wanted something to keep the strap in place when it was not extended, so we did a little retainer with a snap.

Chris didn't opt for the lojack system :-) Thanks for the order Chris - I appreciate the business AND the challenge.

This case came out very pretty and is another one that I would make for myself someday when I get around to making one for myself.

chris-a-front.jpg

chris-b-back.jpg

chris-c-fronttop.jpg

chris-d-jp1.jpg

chris-e-jp2.jpg

chris-f-tpocket.jpg

chris-g-fc.jpg

chris-h-bp.jpg

chris-i-right.jpg

chris-j-rt.jpg

chris-k-rc.jpg

chris-l-rb.jpg

chris-b-back.jpg

chris-m-logo.jpg

chris-n-bc.jpg

chris-o-bb.jpg

chris-p-left.jpg

chris-q-leftt.jpg

chris-r-towerring.jpg

chris-s-pad.jpg

LEAN CLEAN POOL CARRYING MACHINE!!!! Your people have completed another beautiful case.  A great piece of work. Like the signature.

Storm

Very nice work I relay like your cases. I especially like the way the signature turned out.

How wide are the 4 pieces that make up the mane body?