Greetings...

Recently purchased a used cobra 4P with very little use (lucky me!). It was delivered and set up by previous owner. All manuals except CD was included. Was told no directives were supplied for servo motor(tn-411). I created some issues trying to fool with the servo motor not knowing what the @$% I was doing. I wrote cobrasteve, and he emailed me that day only with instructions on how to set the RPM and reverse the motor. Very thankful for this-because it worked!

That being said, I have worked with the manuals fine tuning (as much as I can) the machine. I did manage to start a project, but I am a standstill as the needle is now not going through the thicker leather (approx 3/8 inch). My intuition tells me it is my servo settings? I could be wrong.. I am using a 24 needle and 277 thread top and bottom. Both belts turn, but needle will not go through. It is like the machine has lost all of it's strength.

I did write Steve again with my challenge, and like many of us, probably is taking the weekend off...understandably. Wondering if you all my have a suggestion for me as I want to work today on my project if I could. Also, in my search for servo motor settings (online and in forums), I cannot find directives anywhere for the servo motor settings for this machine. Thought if I started this thread, those who are newbies like me might be able learn without having to reach out to Steve so much.

Can someone fill in the blanks for me?

S1
S2
S3
S1 L1,L2,L3,L4 ----- Ramp speeds? what are these for?
S2 SP SE? the second is reverse, what is the first setting?
S3 Numbers for motor speed RPM
Also, I would love to hear suggestions on servo motor combo settings for different leather thickness and speed.
Gratitude to you all for your collective experience!
~Tara

I figured out the slipping... it was my Handwheel- I just needed to tighten it! Still would appreciate advice on servo motor settings and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Here you go.

post-7185-0-46095800-1425297133_thumb.jp

This is one that was rewrote.

post-7185-0-82685200-1425297328_thumb.jp

Guessin' Bob doan mind if'n I make this a bit easier to save.

TN411.pdf

Thanks to you all for this information! I can't tell you how grateful I am... Downloaded file and SAVED. :)