Sign in to follow this  
Zilla

bike whips

Howdy y'all. I have a question for all you biker folks. My office xmas party is come'n up and I got my bosses name for our gift exchange. He is a biker and as far as I can tell he has all the bags n things on his harley. Yesterday he asked if I knew how to make the "whips". *Hello hairdresser here* Oh yeah I'm clueless. He said they are about 2-3feet long with the "dog leash" type clasp and you hang them off your handle bars. They are braided.

:dunno: is he talking about...cuase if I can make a pair for him for $20-30 I'd have his xmas gift.

Any help, ideas, pics or how to's would be GREAT!!!

Kev

Hi Zilla,

This is probably it. If you buy them, a pair will run about $40.

HB_Whip.jpg

Art

Howdy y'all. I have a question for all you biker folks. My office xmas party is come'n up and I got my bosses name for our gift exchange. He is a biker and as far as I can tell he has all the bags n things on his harley. Yesterday he asked if I knew how to make the "whips". *Hello hairdresser here* Oh yeah I'm clueless. He said they are about 2-3feet long with the "dog leash" type clasp and you hang them off your handle bars. They are braided.

:dunno: is he talking about...cuase if I can make a pair for him for $20-30 I'd have his xmas gift.

Any help, ideas, pics or how to's would be GREAT!!!

Kev

post-18-1196458889_thumb.jpg

Zilla, Yep...Art got it right. Here is a place you can check out.

http://www.ngatraders.com Click on "accessories"

Per the web site: "Old School" Getback Whips were historically used by motorcycle clubs to display colors, increase visibility or add their individual style

Getback whips are braided on to a quick release clip which attaches to either brake or clutch lever and can be detached with a quick pull when needed for those "SPECIAL OCCASIONS"

Tim

The snap is also called a panic snap that is use in horse trailers. Ties to the halter and is able to be released with one hand. Available from most hardware suppliers. ;) GH

The reason they detach is because they hit you or the passenger in the face doing 80 mph down the road. Strictly for show, not for riding.

Johanna

AWESOME guys! thank you so very much! I'll be looking for those latches over the weekend.