Sign in to follow this  
ladyroaddog

Help Identifying A Saddle

Good morning everyone. I purchased a saddle from an older gentleman a few months back who was in need of some cash. The saddle looks to be an older saddle to me but there is no maker mark that I can find anywhere. I have some pictures of it on my horse at photobucket and was in hopes someone could give me some information on it. I am just anxious to what type and about how old it is. It already holds memories for me with my horse so I could never see myself letting go of it but still would love to know the make and about how old.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is the link to see the pictures.

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j440/alabamamt/

I will also attempt at attaching below but in case it does not work, the link about has the same picture and more.

post-27250-094933800 1323873834_thumb.jp

It looks like to me, from the 50's, Possibly a Tex-Tan. My husband has one that looks identcal, only with a red seat, his is branded on the fenders tex-tan. they are very well built and fit really well. He loves his, i personally like a higher back (being a barrel racer) but if given the chance to ride in his or mine all day on the trail i would choose his :)