AODfan

Got Some "new" Tools In The Mail Today!

I got some good deals on ebay last week and they finally came in. First for got a C.S. Osborne draw gauge, Newark stamp, wood handle, won it for $48 shipped. Then got both the Montgomery Ward and Sears Roebuck Leatherworking/Cobblers hammers for $18 shipped.

IMG_20130524_135104_zpse416b874.jpg

IMG_20130524_135043_zps4ddc012c.jpg

IMG_20130524_135135_zps23e38546.jpg

IMG_20130524_135623_zps49bac54e.jpg

IMG_20130524_135643_zps16c9182c.jpg

IMG_20130524_140149_zps34e3e188.jpg

Yep, you've gotta love those "new' tools. There is so much good stuff sitting around out there that would last another 100 years of use if they are taken care of.

By the way, what is the appeal of the Cobblers hammers? I've seen a lot of people going crazy for them recently, but not having used one I don't get it.

cobblers hammers are good for shaping and forming thick leather without leaving marks in the leather

excellent tool for forming and shaping saddle parts .and a good tool to use for forming holsters

a magnetic tack hammer is another good hammer to have around.

ya BTW Good score on the tools

18 bucks for both hammers is a good deal

especially for good vintage.models and that blade in the draw gauge is probably a piece of German Soligen steel that will hold a good sharp edge justlike all edged tools keep it stroped and it will keep a razor sharp edge.

ya BTW Good score on the tools

18 bucks for both hammers is a good deal

especially for good vintage.models and that blade in the draw gauge is probably a piece of German Soligen steel that will hold a good sharp edge justlike all edged tools keep it stroped and it will keep a razor sharp edge.

Yeah, the blade is pretty dull at the moment, but it seems like a good blade that just needs sharpening.

I dont think I have ever seen any leather cutting knifes sharp enough out of the box to cut leather worth a flip

seems any knife I get could stand a good sharpening session

what I like about those blades is they put a handle on them so they can be sharpened easy,

that draw gauge will make lace good as long as the blade is razor sharp