Sign in to follow this  
BrookFalls

Sheridan Tools - Barry King

Hallo,

hat sich schon mal jemand Barry King tools in einem Wert von über 150 € nach Deutschland schicken lassen? Mich würde interessieren wieviel an Steuern und Zollgebühren dafür anfällt.

Vielleicht gibt es ja auch jemanden, der öfters in den USA ist und Punziereisen mitbringen würde?

Gruß

Katja

(Google Translater)

Hello,

has anyone ever let Barry King tools to send in a value of 150 € to Germany? I was wondering how much accumulates in taxes and customs charges on it.

Perhaps there is also someone who is often in the U.S., and would bring tooling stamps?

greetings

Katja

Hi!

I would guess that postage will be around $40-60 (check Barry's website) and EU import VAT would be around 20% on top of the whole price (incl shipping). In addition to that, Germany might have some extra customs duty (e.g. here in the UK there is an extra 3% charge for exceeding something like £130 if I'm not mistaken. You might have similar taxes).

Furthermore, shipping companies tend to charge you extra for processing the tax payment with your local tax office, which adds some £15 (flat rated i believe).

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any pro tool makers in the EU, so I don't think there's a way to avoid paying taxes on US imports.

PS having said all that, I'd better pay extra money to the taxman than pay for another cheap chinese/taiwanese stamp because, as I have recently discovered, the difference between BK and cheap tools is huge! Good tools are definitely woth the cost, even if at an extra 40%.

PPS If you can find somebody to "smuggle" an extra dozen of stamps into the EU, please send me a PM ;))))

Edited by Chavez