ktoddmc

Leather Dog Leash Donation

I have volunteered to provide leather dog leashes to a canine rescue organization. I thought it would be a good idea to have the name of the rescue on the leash. The leashes will be made of latigo leather. How or can you put a maker's mark on latigo? If so, where can you order the stamp or branding iron to do it? I'm new at this, but have seen it mentioned on some of the tutorials on the forum. Thanks for any advice!

Just a thought, not sure of how well it would work but you could try riveting on small label plates. You can get them made pretty cheaply if I remember right and two rivets and your set.

Just a thought, not sure of how well it would work but you could try riveting on small label plates. You can get them made pretty cheaply if I remember right and two rivets and your set.

Can you order those with custom info? Thanks

Yeah I am sure you can. I am not sure of the price but if your getting any amount of them I am sure it would be cheaper.

You could get a burner kind of like you would for wood burning but you have to fork over the price for a custom stamp basically, which if its a makers stamp is one thing but not sure how many of these you will be doing. I am pretty sure the custom stamps run somewhere around $100 or so for metal ones.

I dont have the most experience with this thing just throwing my ideas out there. May be worth looking into. There may be someone on this site who knows a good source for various metal label plates that may have a fair price.

You might also try a local Trophy Shop... they have small metal tabs that can be engraved then riveted in place!