BondoBobCustomSaddles

New to Web-site, Makin' saddles 15 years.

Hi Folks!

This is just a note to say Hi. I am located in Manchester Mi. I have been a saddle maker for 15 years or so, and involved with horses in one form or another since 1973. I have recently retired from the auto industry, and now have more time to devote to making saddles and tack. I currently reside in Manchester. I do a lot of tack repair out of Jacobs Boots and Saddles, Lakeside Saddlery and Scott Colburns here in Michigan, and also make custom saddles for the discriminating horsemen both here in Michigan and out state also. I make all of my custom work, the old fashioned way, by hand, including stitching. I recently took over the repair work at the newly opened Pinnacle Race Course in Romulus Michigan, and durring the race season that keeps me pretty busy. Anyway, I think, I just posted a couple of pics of some of my work with this note, this computer stuff is not my forte. I just thought that I would join in on the conversations and so on maybe I could help, or maybe learn something while I browse on this sight! I look forward to future note and info.

Bondo Bob

P.S. Guess I didn't get the pictures right or something. It says that the pictures are larger than the 1000K bytes allowed. Maybe someone can tell me how to post pictures, there has to be something I am doing wrong. Address is pbuono7733@att.net

Welcome to the Forum, Bob!. You'll find lots of companionship, tips and sharing from the Saddle Folk here, that's for sure.

Your pictures just need to be made smaller, or only post one for the Topic, and add the others in comments.

To make your pix smaller, you can use any of the image programs from PhotoShop to Gimp. My favorite is Irfanview. It's free, just download it. Others will throw their tips in as well, I'm sure.

Welcome Bob. I look forward to seeing your work.

Looks like you picked a good time to retire and start working on the leather work full time.

Art

Welcome ! :grouphug5vj5:

Welcome to the forum, alot of very nice people post here. Rusty

Bondo Bob,

Welcome to the Forum. As previously stated, there are lots of folks here that are interested in promoting and furthering leathercraft. If you go to the main forum page by clicking on the "Leatherwork.net" in the upper left of this page in the string of characters "Leatherworker.net>Leatherworker Board> Member Gallery". Scroll down the page until you see the section titled "Leather is tanned animal skins, and is a byproduct of the meat industry" you will find a sub-forum on "Computer Help".

Again Welcome to the Forum and look forward to seeing some photos of your work.

BillB.

BillB,

Thanks for the advice on computer help. I think I got it. I posted a few more pictures last night . You should be able to see them in "showing off". All together, there are pics of 4 different saddles I have made in the past, I am working on one right now in my spare time, that is a period design. I will post some pics of it as it gets along to recognition, or if I come to a part of particular interest for someone out there on the "how to" section.

Happy Trails!

Bondo Bob