Hey all,

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated. I have made a lot of western style holsters but I had a customer ask for a two-tone black holster with a tan bound edge all the way around. Has anyone else ever done something like this before? If so, could you PM me and give me some pointers? I appreciate it much.

Frank

:sign23:

Just trying to get some ideas here...thanks

Hey all,

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated. I have made a lot of western style holsters but I had a customer ask for a two-tone black holster with a tan bound edge all the way around. Has anyone else ever done something like this before? If so, could you PM me and give me some pointers? I appreciate it much.

Frank

Frank, . . . do you have any kind of drawing, . . . sketch, . . . dimensions, . . . etc. I cannot personally understand what you meant by a "tan bound edge all the way around".

Do you mean laced?

Do you mean another piece of leather sewn around the outside like women used to use bias tape on their aprons?

Holler back, . . . we'll help as best we can.

May God bless,

Dwight

Last week I finished the bound edge holster after a little trial and error. I told the customer (who is now a good friend) that I will not make them for anyone else because they are such a pain in the :censored2:. He was so happy with that answer that he ordered another one in reverse colors and said that he would

pay for my A.A. classes if the second one drove me to drinking....more. What a guy!! Here's a photo.

Frank

BryansDuke 001.jpg

post-8516-126921769941_thumb.jpg

Wow!

I think that came out really nice!

Jeff

You did very well :cheers::thumbsup:

Thanks for all of the compliments. It's the type of holster you really can't mess up on at all. There is very little room for any "cover ups". I'm glad it turned out as well as it did.

Way to go Frank. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Dennis, I appreciate it. No problem. Maybe it will work for some others on here as well. If anyone needs any tips on making something like this, feel free to PM me. I'm an expert on how to screw it up so you don't!

I was going to quit making holsters until next winter. You've given me an idea that probably won't wait till then. smashcomp.gif I really like it!thumbsup.gif

I'm more than happy to help you out on your way to insanity...at least that's how this holster made me feel after the first one and now I'm on to number two!

Here's the opposite color holster that the same customer ordered. Now I'm officially done making these.....thank God!

Bryans Duke 003.jpg

post-8516-126957502042_thumb.jpg

I really like that opposite color one. Very well done.

Now just wait till he gets them then his friends will want one too.

Hey Frank, those look really great.

I'd love to see pics of the back side where the holster mouth transitions into the belt loop if you've got 'em.

Thanks,

Bronson

Hey all,

Frank

Frank, I have thought of doing something like that for a few years now, having done a few projects in which the edges are sewn inside out then turned so as to produce a nice 'bound edge. Since I couldn't figure a way to turn a holster inside out ....I gave up. You have produced a fine looking product!!! I'm quite sure it increased the consumption of adult beverages during the production stages, I know it would have in my case. Mike

Thanks for all of the compliments on the holsters. I do appreciate it. His friends can beg and plead all they want, but he's the only customer of mine that will get them. The whole idea was really a trial and mostly error ordeal. The customer has ordered from me before and threw this idea at me. I bid it high not wanting the job because I knew what it entailed. He then wanted a second one after the first one was done. Go figure. Of course the second one was somewhat easier.

Bronson- PM me with your email address. I don't have any photos of the back but over the next 2 weeks I am finishing up the original prototype of this holster. I can then get some out to you.

Frank

Bronson- PM me with your email address.

Sent.

Thanks.

Bronson