AndyL1

Bear Mauls: Still In Business?

Hey all,

I ordered a Bear Maul from Beary over there a couple of months ago now, had okay communication when I placed the order. Going in he told me towards the end of July for a lead time which I was okay with; I don't mind waiting for awesome work!

Anyway, I emailed a few times the past couple of weeks and have gotten zero feedback. Anybody know if they're doing okay and maybe just can't respond for a time? It's been two months since I last chatted with him about my order. Hoping nothing has gone south in his business and/or health or something.

Calling out to Ed or Beary if they happen to see this post!

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by AndyL1

Gee, looks like he has plenty of time to post on facebook...he posted this about an hour ago...

gallery_29082_1990_26933.jpg

Maybe you could try contacting him there?

Im in the same boat you are its been over 2 months since I ordered mine. Ive emailed him atleast 5 times he answered me once said it was gonna ship 3 weeks ago and that was the last ive heard from him still havent got it not sure whats going on I dont mind if it takes 6 months to finish just tell me that I dont wanna play games. Wish you luck.

Im in the same boat you are its been over 2 months since I ordered mine. Ive emailed him atleast 5 times he answered me once said it was gonna ship 3 weeks ago and that was the last ive heard from him still havent got it not sure whats going on I dont mind if it takes 6 months to finish just tell me that I dont wanna play games. Wish you luck.

Hey did you ever get your maul? I'm about ready to throw in the towel and demand a refund. Last email I got was very apologetic and it would ship very soon... that was several weeks ago! I've been very nice and patient in my emails but now public flaming on this forum is starting to be in order. My ship date was supposed to be the end of July.

Seriously Ed and Beary if you read this your business(?) is starting to seem quite shady.

Any updates on this thread? Have either of you received your orders?

Any updates on this thread? Have either of you received your orders?

Well I finally got some feedback. It was supposed to have shipped yesterday. No email with a tracking number as of yet. Also I sent artwork for a custom engraved cap. They were having issues and never got the cap back from the engraver after several weeks (in my mind, USE A DIFFERENT #$%!!@@ ENGRAVER!) So, now the plan is I will have my maul and once the cap is (hopefully) engraved it will be sent out to me and I will attach it. I'm hoping it's not another round of frustration getting the cap to me.

This whole process has been frustrating with the lack of communication and incredibly long lead time. I do wish them the best and no ill will. Hope it's just a stumbling block in their business.

Well I finally got some feedback. It was supposed to have shipped yesterday. No email with a tracking number as of yet. Also I sent artwork for a custom engraved cap. They were having issues and never got the cap back from the engraver after several weeks (in my mind, USE A DIFFERENT #$%!!@@ ENGRAVER!) So, now the plan is I will have my maul and once the cap is (hopefully) engraved it will be sent out to me and I will attach it. I'm hoping it's not another round of frustration getting the cap to me.

This whole process has been frustrating with the lack of communication and incredibly long lead time. I do wish them the best and no ill will. Hope it's just a stumbling block in their business.

Wow Andy! I have been following this thread for a while to see where it ends up. As a newbie, I'm trying to collect all the tools I need and was going to order a Bear maul. But, this is crazy...Do you think your experience is out of the ordinary?

Yea I received my maul it was worth the wait if he said it will be 6 weeks anyway good so far just wish customer service was better

Wow Andy! I have been following this thread for a while to see where it ends up. As a newbie, I'm trying to collect all the tools I need and was going to order a Bear maul. But, this is crazy...Do you think your experience is out of the ordinary?

Well I've bought a burnisher from them in the past and the quality is awesome. I can't say enough about that thing. The maul I'm sure is/will be equally nice... once I get it. I have a strong feeling this isn't the "day job" so I can understand life getting in the way of production. So... I'm HOPING this is out of the ordinary. Take your chances I guess. Still haven't gotten mine or even an email letting me know it was sent out. Maybe he's holding out for his engraver to finish the cap (fingers crossed).

Yea I received my maul it was worth the wait if he said it will be 6 weeks anyway good so far just wish customer service was better

Good news! Mine is only 8 weeks (and counting) late. Yeah, poor customer service at best.

Update: I finally got my maul in the mail yesterday. I have to say it is very nice. Still doesn't have my engraved cap, hoping that will come later and I can attach it to the top.

So after a FOUR month wait, I have a beautiful, incomplete tool to use. Wish I could have been a little more excited when opening the box but the whole experience took the wind out my sail. Beary did give me a nice little gift to make amends so that makes up for a lot.

These guys do quality work for sure. The maul is really a beautiful thing and the burnishers are perfect too. Definitely can't fault on the craftsmanship, but be prepared to wait a long time.

Update: I finally got my maul in the mail yesterday. I have to say it is very nice. Still doesn't have my engraved cap, hoping that will come later and I can attach it to the top.

So after a FOUR month wait, I have a beautiful, incomplete tool to use. Wish I could have been a little more excited when opening the box but the whole experience took the wind out my sail. Beary did give me a nice little gift to make amends so that makes up for a lot.

These guys do quality work for sure. The maul is really a beautiful thing and the burnishers are perfect too. Definitely can't fault on the craftsmanship, but be prepared to wait a long time.

I'm glad it finally arrived. I will definitely make sure to keep this in mind IF I decide to make an order. Thanks

Just got my Holster Makers' Special Cocobolo burnisher... beautiful! It took about two weeks from order.