Sign in to follow this  
johnggrg

Picked Up An Old Skiving Machine Need Some Help With.

post-11154-0-70999700-1441569568_thumb.jHi everyone. I picked up an old Progressive shoe Mach'y, leather skiver. It's a hand crank but thought someone here might have some information on it. Did an internet search and couldn't find anything except that the company went out of business in 1915. I will try to add a picture. There was a part in front of the wheels that was broke and wanted to know if anyone knew what the part might have looked like. I thought a feeding ramp of some soret that was attached with the screw in the middle. Please let me know anything you can. It would be greatly appreciated. I have restored it post-11154-0-70999700-1441569568_thumb.j

Edited by johnggrg

The part that broke is behind the turn knob that is in the middle in front of the wheels. The broken piece is still behind the knob. Ok tried to add a pic and it posted the same one. Not sure how to show the other picture before it was restored. But any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. John

Edited by johnggrg

anyone see one like this before? John