DoubleC

Every Breath You Take, Every Move You Make

I saw these cool finger watches on eBay and since they have colored glass domes, I thought they'd make cool irises. Finally ordered some, and by the time I got them Kevin was making me a mold, and I forgot them. I ;put one together last night and today and I wanted to see what you thought. The watch has a spring on the glass that closes it, so couldn't scan it, had to take pictures and they AIN'T good.

It's a gruela horse eye with a watch in it. Thanks

Edited by DoubleC

The pictures you posted are too blurry to see what it is.

The pictures you posted are too blurry to see what it is.

OK, I'll try and scan it, brb

Have you considered getting an inexpensive tripod for your camera? It would make life MUCH easier and can be a business expense because you need to take pictures of your work for advertising/sales/portfolios.

Have you considered getting an inexpensive tripod for your camera? It would make life MUCH easier and can be a business expense because you need to take pictures of your work for advertising/sales/portfolios.

No Mike, i didn't think about that. Some one else mentioned lenses but she said it in Martian and I'm not sure i'm going to respond to her anymore. Things like myograpevine and dipsydoodle or something like that. I wish I had my old (did i mention OLD) Olympus and gray card back. But a tripod might be the answer because i think it's 'shaky hands' that does it.

But a tripod might be the answer because i think it's 'shaky hands' that does it.

Yeah. I was just about to suggest the same thing until I saw he beat me to it. You can pick up really cheap ones - or really expensive ones. I'm sure a cheap one would do you OK for now until you get some cash flow happening.

Yeah. I was just about to suggest the same thing until I saw he beat me to it. You can pick up really cheap ones - or really expensive ones. I'm sure a cheap one would do you OK for now until you get some cash flow happening.

My sister bought me this years ago so I'd have one, and I wanted one with a zoom but it doesn't help. If i can get back far enough to lean against something, and remember to brace my arms and hold my breath, they come out ok, but not if I have to hold something in one of my hands. Thanks guys, i'll see if i can scare one of those up!!!

I would recomend GorillaPod - The Flexible Camera Tripod by JOBY - you can find them on the net from $15 - $20 and then use your timer

if the camera has a timer, you get much better photos, but in due time - I really am enjoying watching what you are doing with the horse eye

project - very impressive,

I spent the weekend in East Texas, little town I spent many years in back in the day. Only 1000 folks live there so its not that small but

it has a great community spirit - but what I saw a whole of were the younger girls were wearing ring watches, in all kind of designs. I dont know

why that caught my eye - but it did and after that I started looking for them on hands.. lol - So I can see what you are trying to do if I follow along.

Keep up the great work.

A gorilla pod may be good for some things but in her case i think a regular tripod would work alot better.

Use the "Macro" setting if your camera has one (represented usually by a small pic of a tulip) and better lighting.

The blur comes from not using the flash combined with not being steady.

Try resting on your wrists or elbows.

Good luck.

Kevin

I would recomend GorillaPod - The Flexible Camera Tripod by JOBY - you can find them on the net from $15 - $20 and then use your timer

if the camera has a timer, you get much better photos, but in due time - I really am enjoying watching what you are doing with the horse eye

project - very impressive,

I spent the weekend in East Texas, little town I spent many years in back in the day. Only 1000 folks live there so its not that small but

it has a great community spirit - but what I saw a whole of were the younger girls were wearing ring watches, in all kind of designs. I dont know

why that caught my eye - but it did and after that I started looking for them on hands.. lol - So I can see what you are trying to do if I follow along.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Don, and I appreciate you following the 'progress' which I hope there has been some :-) I don't think my camera has a timer. It's a digital vivitar and I've had it for years but it still works good for some thing :-) Cheryl

A gorilla pod may be good for some things but in her case i think a regular tripod would work alot better.

I don't even know what a flexible one is so I think you're right John. At least I know what the LOOK like, LOL. Cheryl

Use the "Macro" setting if your camera has one (represented usually by a small pic of a tulip) and better lighting.

The blur comes from not using the flash combined with not being steady.

Try resting on your wrists or elbows.

Good luck.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. You hit the nail on the head with the steady part. I can take better pictures from a few feet away and I always find something to lean on and put my Hands on to do it. Bur I had to use my hand to keep the watch open on this (which of course you can't tell because i had to use m y hand.......LOL) Cheryl