Cascabel

Cobra Vs Cowboy Vs Techsew

Are there any SIGNIFICANT differences between the Cobra Class 4, Cowboy 4500, and Techsew 5100 machines ? They appear very similar with similar specifications, and similar prices. Are there any differences, other than name, or are they identical machines with different labels ? Opinions, rants, or useful info. anybody ??

Hello Cascabel,

I am probably not the best person to answer this question but can relate what I have learned along the way. I had purchased one of thos you listed and it is a great machine, even though I was never able to use it. All of them seem to be made in China and have different brand names but appear to be, basically identical machines. The various agents have some different attachments and hardware that seems to be unique to their brand of the machine, which may be good marketing tool. I have spoken with most of the companies while I was in search mode and all were extremely able and willing to assist. Sure you would find the same results today.

If thinking of making a machine purchase, I would suggest calling them and discussing your needs and obtain all of the information available from them. They are very eager to assist new machine users.

Hope this gives you some idea of what I have learned and perhaps other may have different suggestions or opinions.

God Bless.

Ray

Don't know about the Techsew, but the difference tween the Cobra and Cowboy is that one is brown, and the other is grey.

My Cowboy CB 4500 has stainless steel feet and throat plates, including the optional accessory plates I got.

Maybe if you sew a lot of wet leather, but I just don't. Makers like Juki, Adler, Pfaff, and many others do not provide stainless steel feet, they would if they thought it necessary. Chroming steel feet is good maybe, but all the old machines used steel, just mild steel. With today's modern materials, some form of plastic may be better, but making it sturdy enough for high pressure applications might be a consideration. Stainless is prone to stress risers where sharp angles are employed which is another reason not to use it in repetitive high speed motion applications. But if you sew a lot of wet leather, then maybe it should be a consideration.

Art

Yes for me it was the five stolhman award winners John Bianchi & the{ EPS very important for me } but i am sure all the machines like the Cowboy and others are great machines also. Hope this helps best of luck.

Maybe if you sew a lot of wet leather, but I just don't. Makers like Juki, Adler, Pfaff, and many others do not provide stainless steel feet, they would if they thought it necessary. Chroming steel feet is good maybe, but all the old machines used steel, just mild steel. With today's modern materials, some form of plastic may be better, but making it sturdy enough for high pressure applications might be a consideration. Stainless is prone to stress risers where sharp angles are employed which is another reason not to use it in repetitive high speed motion applications. But if you sew a lot of wet leather, then maybe it should be a consideration.

Art

The only thing that is important to me is that the material is workable. I seldom find a foot that does not need to be modified :dunno::spoton:

Tor

So apparently there are no important differences in these machines, other than the stainless steel feet on Cowboy machines ? Perhaps I should mostly consider what is offered for accessory packages and shipping cost as the deciding factors. Any thoughts.... ?

So apparently there are no important differences in these machines, other than the stainless steel feet on Cowboy machines ? Perhaps I should mostly consider what is offered for accessory packages and shipping cost as the deciding factors. Any thoughts.... ?

Yep...find the dealer closest to you.

Yes the EPS is a big one!

Electronic needle position,where the needle either stops up or down.

OK..... I don't really know that EPS is an important feature. I've been sewing for years in many different materials with many machines, and never had a problem stopping where I wanted to. I guess it could be handy, but not a deal breaker.

Sorry about the misunderstanding , i am not good with words please except my apology.

OK..... I don't really know that EPS is an important feature. I've been sewing for years in many different materials with many machines, and never had a problem stopping where I wanted to. I guess it could be handy, but not a deal breaker.

Sorry about the misunderstanding , i am not good with words please except my apology.

No apologies necessary !!! I value your opinion. Some features will be more important than others to different people. The more info and opinions I can gather, the easier I it will be to make a decision. .

I have two out of the three and all parts are interchangeable. Go for the best deal.

Steve's Cobra Machine with EPS made it possible for me to even sew surgery you see. And i thank you Steve for making that possible.

No apologies necessary !!! I value your opinion. Some features will be more important than others to different people. The more info and opinions I can gather, the easier I it will be to make a decision. .

These are copies of Germans and Japanese position motors, I have Adler's from the 1980`s who came fully equipped with such motor. Sometimes it helps to look out of the window. However, the pro motors like Efka and Ho sing cost more; they can also do much more. They are in no need of a speed reducer and can be equipped with all kinds of extras like: Back-tacking, foot lift, thread trimmer, needle cooler and you name it....... The one I use on my 441 clone ( German Efka 1550-AB 321) has up 1800 watt and 8 Nm of torque, I only use the half of it. You might not need all this on a leather machine, nevertheless it makes all the upgrades possible if you need it later. They are small and can be placed inside machines or on the back side of the machine like on the pic. Or the traditional way under the table.

Then the quality is superior, the ones I have from the 1980 still works very well. Price from 600 to 900 $, remember you do not need a reducer; then it is not that expensive.

Tor

post-10237-0-49380100-1368288085_thumb.j

post-10237-0-11589900-1368288093_thumb.j