BearMan

For Those Of Us, With Not So Good Eyesight.

Hi Everybody,

I just got back from the "Big Lots" store, with something worth looking at. I saw that they had some 12 Led Headlamps on sale for $5.00,,, so I figured for the price, I'd get one. To my surprize,,, it's actually pretty good! It has the 3 strap design, with a strap that goes over the top of the head, to help support it. It has 4 differnt lighting modes, either 4 led's, 8 led's, or all 12 led's. With all 12 led's lit up, it actually seems a little too bright. For the price,,, it "ain't" bad! It's probably not as good as a "tec-light" , but so far, it looks like it will work just fine.

I just thought I'd pass that along. Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-037479100 1290019073_thumb.jpg

Hi Everybody,

I just got back from the "Big Lots" store, with something worth looking at. I saw that they had some 12 Led Headlamps on sale for $5.00,,, so I figured for the price, I'd get one. To my surprize,,, it's actually pretty good! It has the 3 strap design, with a strap that goes over the top of the head, to help support it. It has 4 differnt lighting modes, either 4 led's, 8 led's, or all 12 led's. With all 12 led's lit up, it actually seems a little too bright. For the price,,, it "ain't" bad! It's probably not as good as a "tec-light" , but so far, it looks like it will work just fine.

I just thought I'd pass that along. Ed the"BearMan"

Thats funny Ed. I find everyday it takes a little longer to see quite clearly. Have thought about carrying a strobe light with me sometimes.

ferg

Thanks a lot Ed, now I have to go to Big Lots!

I have been using my silver engraving magnifier with light to hand sew some flight bags. I don't need the magnifier for this, but I sure need the light .

Thanks for the tip.

Love the light what the leds give. Found a desk lamp with leds at a supermarket a few months ago .

Last week bought some led-rails , wich gave with light instead of bleu , just € 4,95 for 2 rails 29 cm and 36 leds each, have to think about how to intergrate them in my workspace at the kitchentable.

Thanks a lot Ed, now I have to go to Big Lots!

I have been using my silver engraving magnifier with light to hand sew some flight bags. I don't need the magnifier for this, but I sure need the light .

Thanks for the tip.

I found a little LED light that has a magnet on the back. I put it on my sewing machine and point it at the presser foot. Jess' rite. JimB

Bearman had a Grrrreat idea here!

I found this old post and thought I'd chime in on this...

4 years ago a friend gave me one of these and I use it every day.

Especially now when I have to go out at night to get firewood...

I have been using this lately for tooling and it is amaaaazing how much it helps!

This light is lite (heheh), easy to wear, and easy to change the batteries.

post-15330-0-46806000-1360607071_thumb.j

Petzl E94 PS Zipka 2 Headlamp. (Amazon $26.97 )

Edited by LNLeather

I used to wear one of those doing tooling when I worked in my living room and the lighting sucked. Now I don't need it so much anymore. I also used it to read at night.

I also have two of the lights Tippmann sells for the Boss, they are magnetic and attach right around the needle bar. I have one on the Cowboy and one on the Consew. They work great.

Wow I am not the only one :-)

I use my headlamp all the time to tool it really helps as my lighting situation is not fantastic. Five bucks great find!

Cheers, Toolingaround