chancey77

Uberti .45 Long Colt With A 5" Barrel

Uberti .45 long colt with a 5" barrel

Does anyone have a good source for this Blue Gun?

I need it shipped to Finland.

Uberti .45 long colt with a 5" barrel

Does anyone have a good source for this Blue Gun?

I need it shipped to Finland.

That's supposed to be a copy of the 1873 Colt, so the Colt blueguns should do you fine (if anyone know differently, please sing out).

Here's the problem: Uberti doesn't make a five-inch barrel. They make a 4/34 inch barrel and a five 1/2 inch barrel. The ones that come flush to the end of the ejector shroud are the 4 3/4 inch model.

tk

This is exactly why I post questions!

I have to have my client give me the serial # so I can verify before I make a holster for that gun....he should know! I will ask more questions.

Denix of Spain makes a lot of cast replicas for the old west style guns. Collectors Armoury here in the U.S. carries them. If you have a business and are able to purchase wholesale, they are relatively cheap and work well for simple molding and fitting. I just cover them with plastic cling wrap.

Frank

I went through this recently, was (still mid-project) making a double holster gun rig for a SAA clone.

I couldn't find any blue guns, asp red guns or anything else to buy as a training gun type replica.

Finally found a loaner locally, but I really wanted one of my own, I too am interested if others have found one.

What all my buddies have is Blackhawks and old Vaqueros, which are just not gonna work.

Edited by DoubleAdobe

This is for one of my closest friends, and is a disabled veteran Airborne Ranger. I know he really wants me to make this for him. But I may have to find one of you that are near the Ft. Bragg area to help me out with this one! If I can't get an exact replica or training gun for it, then I may ask one of you to go see him at his shop. Let me know if there is someone here from Ft. Bragg that can be trusted to do this for Mr. Wilson. Maybe we can work something out so we both do this for him.

Thanks to yall for your input!

Edited by chancey77

Still looking for someone near Ft. Bragg in Fayetteville N.C. to go see Mr. Wilson.

I have a pair of Uberti .45s; my instructions were to wrap them in saran-wrap (several layers, obviously) and just use the actual firearm as my mould. Is that kind of what you need, or are you looking for a plastic model?

Elizabeth

Mpls, MN

I have a pair of Uberti .45s; my instructions were to wrap them in saran-wrap (several layers, obviously) and just use the actual firearm as my mould. Is that kind of what you need, or are you looking for a plastic model?

Elizabeth

Mpls, MN

Hello Elizabeth,

My problem is the guns are in North Carolina, and I am in Finland...poses quite a bit of a problem to make the templates required where I am.

The best idea that I have had, is to take and copy the gun into photoshop to the appropriate size, and make a template from the print out....

Find someone else like your-self to make the template for me...

Or find the colt plastic gun that is the same.

My friend really wants me to make these for him. He won't give up asking me, and I have tried to find the plastic counterpart but I haven't had any luck.

Maybe I am trying to over think it. I just want it to be right:)

Have you made a holster for yours?

Would it be possible to make a template for me and email it?

This is something he carries on him everyday. So just a belt attachment for his right side.

Maybe Tandy has a kit? I have to look more.

Someone told me there is a 4 3/4 barrel and a 5 1/2 so he is supposed to give me the right number.

THANKS!

Hello Elizabeth,

My problem is the guns are in North Carolina, and I am in Finland...poses quite a bit of a problem to make the templates required where I am.

The best idea that I have had, is to take and copy the gun into photoshop to the appropriate size, and make a template from the print out....

My friend really wants me to make these for him. He won't give up asking me, and I have tried to find the plastic counterpart but I haven't had any luck.

This is something he carries on him everyday. So just a belt attachment for his right side.

Someone told me there is a 4 3/4 barrel and a 5 1/2 so he is supposed to give me the right number.

THANKS!

I really like the Tandy Bullseye Minimal Revolver Holster Kit. Item 44454-01 You can special order the left-handed kit. Or if you are skilled, just go by the pictures. This way, you don't have to have an exact barrel length. I am trying to invent a double should holster for riding. Way easier for a guy than a woman, I'll tell you that for free, lol....

I'd put my buddy on the spot and have him make the tracings of his firearm for you. If he wants this so bad, require that he participate in the process instead of you doing all the leg work. From the information you've shared, he seems like kind of a black hole, sucking your time and energy and resources for his own needs. Hopefully he really isn't this way, but I think he does need to set you up for success so you can provide him with what he wants.

Heck, have HIM get the kit, tools, replica plastic gun thingie........... He can trace his own firearm! that way you will know just how much he wants this holster. If he balks, don't do it. This is how I know how much a friend wants me to make something.... it is a partnership..

Feel free to keep in touch if you think it would help keep you getting what you need in the sense of fair play.

Elizabeth

Hello Elizabeth,

THANKS!

I really like the Tandy Bullseye Minimal Revolver Holster Kit. Item 44454-01 You can special order the left-handed kit. Or if you are skilled, just go by the pictures. This way, you don't have to have an exact barrel length. I am trying to invent a double should holster for riding. Way easier for a guy than a woman, I'll tell you that for free, lol....

I'd put my buddy on the spot and have him make the tracings of his firearm for you. If he wants this so bad, require that he participate in the process instead of you doing all the leg work. From the information you've shared, he seems like kind of a black hole, sucking your time and energy and resources for his own needs. Hopefully he really isn't this way, but I think he does need to set you up for success so you can provide him with what he wants.

Heck, have HIM get the kit, tools, replica plastic gun thingie........... He can trace his own firearm! that way you will know just how much he wants this holster. If he balks, don't do it. This is how I know how much a friend wants me to make something.... it is a partnership..

Feel free to keep in touch if you think it would help keep you getting what you need in the sense of fair play.

Elizabeth

COPY THAT!