Sign in to follow this  
TimDreamer

Youthful Hobby Revisited

I did a wallet back when I was lots younger and enjoyed the process and carried that wallet in my back pocket for a long time until it literally fell apart.

Recently I was given a set of stamping tools that were my late father-in-laws. Started picking up a few more tools and an Al Stohlman mallet and wondering if I could start back into the craft again after a 30+ year haitus. We shall see. My wife wants a bible cover and I have a friend who wants some leather knife sheaths made (one of them for a Bowie Knife.)

I looked at Peter Main's website and drooled over his craftmanship. If I could only....... lol.

Thanks for having a website that is friendly for noobs like me!!

I did a wallet back when I was lots younger and enjoyed the process and carried that wallet in my back pocket for a long time until it literally fell apart.

Recently I was given a set of stamping tools that were my late father-in-laws. Started picking up a few more tools and an Al Stohlman mallet and wondering if I could start back into the craft again after a 30+ year haitus. We shall see. My wife wants a bible cover and I have a friend who wants some leather knife sheaths made (one of them for a Bowie Knife.)

I looked at Peter Main's website and drooled over his craftmanship. If I could only....... lol.

Thanks for having a website that is friendly for noobs like me!!

Welcome here, Tim. I did some wallets and other small things as a teenager, and once every few years I would make something. I got back into it this year when I couldn't find a holster for my 9mm pistol. Since then, I have made several holsters.

We're gettin' quite a collection of Tims here, Welcome! Just be careful, this site can be very addicting.