camano ridge

Taking Payment With Smart Phone Card Readers

A little while ago there was a topic Tandy Vs Herman Oak Leather, it got a little off topic and they were discussing the Square up card reader. I thought I would post this link it is a good comparision of the Square Up, Intuit Go Pay and Paypal card reader payment programs that allow you to take credit card payments anywhere. They all alow you to enter a card number with out physically having the card, there is a slightly higher fee. Thought this might be intersting for anyone who is thinking about it or trying to find a way to take payments.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/square-vs-intuit-gopayment-vs-paypal-here-mobile-credit-card-processors/#!MIk0d

A little while ago there was a topic Tandy Vs Herman Oak Leather, it got a little off topic and they were discussing the Square up card reader. I thought I would post this link it is a good comparision of the Square Up, Intuit Go Pay and Paypal card reader payment programs that allow you to take credit card payments anywhere. They all alow you to enter a card number with out physically having the card, there is a slightly higher fee. Thought this might be intersting for anyone who is thinking about it or trying to find a way to take payments.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/square-vs-intuit-gopayment-vs-paypal-here-mobile-credit-card-processors/#!MIk0d

My bank offers the same service with a free reader as well. There are many ways to take payment these days. Has paid off for me at shows more often than I thought it would. I use Square Up because I started with them and they do a good job. I may change to Bank of America just to consolidate it all under one roof.

Chief

I have been using Bank of America's system on my droid phone and tablet with great success. One of my out of state vendors uses Square for tens of thousands of dollars worth of my transactions annually with no complaints.

Cya!

Bob

I can't find the article now, but card readers and other sources other than paypal are a better deal for businesses. Unfortunately squared up can't do online transaction (as far as I know) like paypal can. The rates are lower on square up than paypal by a tiny bit and no 30 cent charge per transaction.

If you are canadian or deal with customers that use different currency, paypal will have a exchange rate that is not current, taking a few more percent from you (when they exchange the currency to your local currency.