Sign in to follow this  
kiwidownunder

Need a sewing help?

Hi there. I wondered if someone out there may have a suggestion as to why my machine is saying no to me. I was repairing a horse sheet, when I ran out of bobbin thread. popped in a new spool and went to continue on my way. Well for some reason now the bobbin thread is looping the wrong side of the needle and wont sew.

Am I right in that the timing is off suddenly or am I overlooking something very simple. I spent way to long trying to get it sewing and still no luck. :helpsmilie: Called the machine countless names. Then decided to leave until tomorrow.

HELP. suggestions please.

:deadsubject: Kiwi.

lot of times i just take the bobbin out take it out of case n put back in n make sure that its threaded right then put it back. also i will check the top thread cause sometimes the machine will loop n catch wrong cause of a burr on the case. but if all else fails i just take out bobbin check n put back n pull top thread out of needle n rethread. also check the threading from spool to needle. sometimes if you dont notice that your thread broke or sprung out of the needle sometimes that will cause a loop up top to fly around n catch the arm or tension knob. n you dont notice right away. sometimes its the simplest things. your bobbin case might not be all the way in where its suppose to be either. all simple things. sometimes ya look n say duh!! lol.

lot of times i just take the bobbin out take it out of case n put back in n make sure that its threaded right then put it back. also i will check the top thread cause sometimes the machine will loop n catch wrong cause of a burr on the case. but if all else fails i just take out bobbin check n put back n pull top thread out of needle n rethread. also check the threading from spool to needle. sometimes if you dont notice that your thread broke or sprung out of the needle sometimes that will cause a loop up top to fly around n catch the arm or tension knob. n you dont notice right away. sometimes its the simplest things. your bobbin case might not be all the way in where its suppose to be either. all simple things. sometimes ya look n say duh!! lol.

Thanks for the feed back. I went and check out what you had suggested. Your were right the simple things. Are we dopes sometimes. It was the bobbin as you had suggested had a thread jamed under the hook and wind underneath. I thought I had all the broken thread unwind, but I missed hat one. Also the needle inspecting it real close had twisted and the groove was not in the right position. I did not have enough light to spot that yesterday.

So a huge THANK YOU. :You_Rock_Emoticon: I got it sewing again and completed fixing my horses sheet.

Kiwi.

Edited by kiwidownunder