Sign in to follow this  
Dink

Adler 105-8025 jump foot machine

Does any one have any knowledge or info on the Adler 105-8025 jump foot machine, that would be willing to share.

Dink

Hi Dink,

Some but not a whole lot. It is what the shoe industry calls a moccasin sewing machine. It sews the toe to the upper and crimps, it has what I can only describe as a wild a-- feed mechanism. I don't have enough experience with it to tell you if you could convert it to conventional feed. Jump Foot is a oversimplification of what it is, the one I saw had a lot of external hardware on it, and most of it moved. You might want to go over to one of the shoe and boot groups and ask there as it is a little more up their alley.

As for quality, them old Adlers are tanks.

Art

Does any one have any knowledge or info on the Adler 105-8025 jump foot machine, that would be willing to share.

Dink

Thanks Art

I have all adlers now and am very impressed with them, that is the only reason I was interested in this machine. I am looking for a medium size Adler to have in my tack trailer. It needs to sew up to maybe 12 to 14oz. And a cylinder arm would be more practical for all applications than a bed machine. If not an Adler do you have a suggestion for what I am looking for in another reputable brand machine? Contrary to what I just said any knowledge about the Pfaff 130?

I am glad you responded I have read many of your replies and it seems you have a very extensive and impressive knowledge of machines. When you really want a brain picking we can discuss a Fortuna 620 band knife splitter, it and I are developing a rivalry

Thanks

Dink

Dink,

Not to jump in sideways here, but have you looked for an Adler 205-64? I had one and it will sew 12-14 oz all day and not break a sweat. It is a cylinder arm machine, and like Art said - they are tanks.

I have an Adler 105-25RM It's Ok will probably sew through plywood. No reverse. It has a lever to stop the feeding of material. Sounds like a tractor.

It takes some getting used to. I find it a challenge to sew without the guide as the feed is crazy as Art said. hang onto your work.

When I got mine the tension on the presser foot was really heavy and marked the leather something awful. I backed it off by about 15 full turns and the machine runs quieter and barely marks.

I purchased it hoping that it would help me sew the waistbands on the leather kilts. In order to do that I need to make a box to convert the cylinder bed to a flat bed.

Thanks all, I have a 205 that I use daily and am very happy with, but I was looking for a little lighter and cheaper machine to travel in our tack trailer, But I do think I need to pass on the one in question.

I have looked at the Neels machine and one by Cowboy sew any opinions,

Dink

Hi Dink,

I have a suggestion: Check us out at Artisan as well. www.artisansew.com

I feel we offer incredible value and performance for your investment.

Our Customer Service is great - we take care of our customers for life.

You can reach me at 888-838-1408 or at dave@artisansew.com

Happy Holidays!

Thanks all, I have a 205 that I use daily and am very happy with, but I was looking for a little lighter and cheaper machine to travel in our tack trailer, But I do think I need to pass on the one in question.

I have looked at the Neels machine and one by Cowboy sew any opinions,

Dink

Dink,

I am also a big Artisan fan BUT, are you looking for a portable? Or do you have room for a larger machine in your trailer. If you really need a portable, then, include the Sailrite ultrafeed LS and clones in your search. For $400-$900 you can sew up to 3/8"+ pretty reliable. It is pure pleasure to sew on my Artisan 3000 but, my noisy little Consew portable (with sailrite balance wheel) fits the portable bill and sews very nice.

Good info, The machine does not have to be a portable. I am in process of finishing a very basic 8' x 8' permanent shop in the trailer. It will have the needed universal machine, a work bench, hand tools, a 3 in 1, and a landis splitter and storage for leather and hardware. Should be a cool little set up for the ability to work while we travel or have spare time. can take projects from my regular to work on or even do repair work. I am thinking this a clever idea right now but time will tell. You may find equipment in the for sale section soon

Dink

Here is my set-up for the Highland games. I have a Pfaff 1245 in the trailer. The trailer opens up, I have a cutting table and display area. I use solar panels to generate electricity. I can run the machine for 30 hours on a charge.

th_solarbooth.jpg

th_hamiltonbooth.jpg

th_Hamiltonbuildingakilt.jpg

Very cool setup the solar panels are a fantastic idea

That is an excellent idea, I never gave any thought to solar, most places we go I can plug in, but not all. How does this system work does the solar charge batteries, and machine run off batteries?

Dink

Can you give details on the setup? For example, how many and what type of batteries (e.g., gel, ratings/size), are you running an inverter, or using a DC motor, etc.