Sign in to follow this  
Warpe

Maker's Mark

Just want to know what is a good size for a Maker's Mark? I will be using it on holsters and belts.

Thanks

Warpe

It depends on the size of the items you're making. You wouldn't use the same stamp on a belt that you would on a saddle or a small belt makers mark on a saddle. That being said, if you're doing a lot of 1" belts then I would probably get a 3/4" stamp to start with. If you're doing 1-1/2" belts and your holsters have the space then a 1" stamp might be right for you.

I agree. I would not go anything larger than 3/4". I have a nice oval stamp that is within this limit for medium works.

Good luck.

Cool. Thanks for the input!

I have a 1" and am now looking for 1/2" and some specialty stamps - "Horsehide", "Hand Stitched", etc... So, one size may not fit all.

Where can I have a maker's mark made? Currently, I'm simply stamping two 'R's resembling the Rolls Royce logo, but with different lettering, somewhere on each piece I make to represent my nick name 'Road Rash'. I'd like one that's oval and says 'Hell Bent 4 Leather, Hand Made In CSA, Made By Road Rash'. That would be awesome!

Edited by Hell Bent 4 Leather

Found Grey Ghost! Disregard!:thumbsup: