raysouth

Hd Polyethelene Sheet

Howdy Folks,

Anyone know of good source with reasonable prices for hd polyethelens sheets. Would like to have something @ 24" 48" or up tp 96" long. Found a couple of sites that had the material, at very high price and shipping to Alabama was as much as the material price, for 24" x 48".

God Bless.

Great question. I was going to ask the same question. What kind of STORE sells it?

US Plastics? Because I was curious I checked and it was just under $100 for 24x48x1/2 of HDPE shipped to CA.

If there is a Westmarine around you I think they have sheets of HDPE as they are often used in boating. Also, maybe check out a Resturant Supply store for large cutting boards. Those are just High Density Polyethelene (HDPE).

Hope that helps.

Check your area for a Plastics store. Especially, like a sign maker or display maker.

Hi Helmut,

McMaster Carr has 24" x 48" x 1/2" for under $65.00. Part # 8619K475 $64.92 They also have textured in Black & White for about $85.00. They are out of Atlanta. http://www.mcmaster.com/#hdpe-sheets/=fue45x I have nothing but good things to say about them,,, Plus they are very fast.

Hope this helps,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Forgive my ignorance, but is this used as a cutting surface or a tooling surface? I have a large kitchen cutting board that I use when cutting leather from the hide. It sounds like it may be HDPE and if it is, I would probably like to get a bigger piece to cut on.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

It's a cutting surface like your kitchen cutting board

I'm thinking of covering my entire workbench in the stuff (8'x3') and then just sliding my marble slab off into the corner when not actually carving/tooling

Hi, I work in contstruction and we use some kind of plastic sheets about 3/4 inch thick we line rock bins with. I brought one home and tried it works great,I moved and can't find it yet.I have to cut it cause was it was an odd shape. Left over scrap piece,when I find it I will post a pic on here.