Here's the latest off the bench. It turned out really well I think. As always, there's some things I wish I'd have done a bit different, but all in all, I'm way happy with it. Thanks to a good friend of mine for coaching me through the construction process, the finished product looks pretty nice. I haven't worried alot about my tooling for a while, but when it comes to construction issues on bigger items, I struggle. He taught me tons that, hopefully, I'll be able to remember the next time around. I've also attached a pic of the first briefcase I made about 4 years ago. That was when my screen name was "leatherrookie". Bob Park, a.k.a. Hidepounder told me then that if I made a briefcase I wasn't a rookie. Looking at the differences in tooling, I'd say "rookie" wasn't even close!! Dead Cow Molester would have been better. Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks for your time, and stay blessed.

post-7660-0-09144100-1350259449_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-31300600-1350259480_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-42032300-1350259538_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-62493200-1350259573_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-23472100-1350259586_thumb.jp

There is a huge difference between your current bag and the old one! Your floral tooling is really good IMO, and far better than the old brief case. The only thing I see is the inconsistency with the serpentine. It gets fat and then thin, but even that is way better than your earlier effort!

All of this from someone who hasn't attempted a case yet, but it's on my short list!

Edited by immiketoo

I am always happy to see you post. There is just such an attention to detail in your work that makes it really special. If my tooling ever gets that good, I will be ecstatic. Thanks for including the older pic, it's always an inspiration to see how much people's skill grows with time , practice and experience.

Very nice.

Regards, Eric

That came out really beautiful! Be proud...

Thanks gang for all of the nice compliments. They really are truly appreciated. I've been blessed with a smattering of talent and a whole bunch of good folks who have been willing to give me pointers along the way.

Very, very nice. Absolutely first rate!

Dave

Love it, no flames and no skulls....but I LOVE IT....very nice detail and certainly well done on the antiquening....great job.

beautiful work- as usual!

tell me- all of your pieces have the same color(s) on your finish. I love it. What dyes/antiques and oils do you use. It really unique.

pete