Froghunter

My second seat

OK, here it is, my second attempt. I am happy with how it turned out, although I wish I had been able to use a seat pan that was symmetrical, but that is what the customer gave me to do it on, so, I did the best I could.

I have included a pic of the original "pan" made by the customer to show you what I started with. And just for info the little flap in the front is for access tot he mounting bolt.

All in all, for it being asymetrical, I think it turned out OK! Beeza and the others don't have anything to worry about.....YET!!!

Lemme know what ya think.....

seat_pan.jpg

Macs_seat_finished_1.jpg

post-5734-1205717167_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1205717183_thumb.jpg

Very nicely done Froghunter!

great job Frog vary nice work now I hope the guys stops and gets off the bike some more can see the good job you did. The color and the work is great

Russ

Looks real nice. Frog, what's the tab on the front for?

Looks real nice. Frog, what's the tab on the front for?

Thanks!

The tab is for accessing the bolt for attaching to the frame. He didn't make a stand off for the front, so I had to be creative!

Looks real good to me.

Nice job with the tooling and colouring.

Tom

Great Job Frog! I've seen worse pans than that. Be careful though, because the final result will always be a reflection on you, and not the guy who made the pan. I've told people to bring it back when it looks like a pan.

Shirley

Great Job Frog! I've seen worse pans than that. Be careful though, because the final result will always be a reflection on you, and not the guy who made the pan. I've told people to bring it back when it looks like a pan.

Shirley

Thanks for the advice Shirley. I actually did just that, but since he shipped it from the frozen tundra and I have known him for years, and I'm just starting, etc, etc. I thought what the heck.

Besides it is an early work, it'll make all my other ones look really really good!

Actually, his response to me was that nothing on his bike is symetrical, why should the seat be!!! As soon as he recieves it and I get pics, I'll post them of it on the bike.

Come on Froghunter we all know that you wanted to make a saddle and that is the saddle horn.

Good work.

Come on Froghunter we all know that you wanted to make a saddle and that is the saddle horn.

Good work.

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh that's a secret!!!!

Seriously tho' one of these days I will give a saddle a try. But I have some studyin to do first!

I also want to make a saddle, and study is in the works. I also found an old saddle maker just a hop skip and jump from my door, and will see if he would teach me.

Very nicely done Frog. Looking at that pan, I would have said no way, bring me a real seat pan. But you did pull it off.

When I first looked at that flap for the bolt, I had bad vissions run through my head, thought it was some sort of metal thingy...could you imagine if you had to stop real quick....

Ken