Sign in to follow this  
Skald

Hardware For Bags?

I've been trying to search this whole forum + using Google to find a good source of quality hardware for bags and similar. Preferably brass, but other metals are of interest.

Point is, I want the highest quality possible to find - price is really not an issue. I have found a few pages that has some stuff I could buy (don't know about the "feel" of them, only seen pictures that is). But it annoys me that no one seems to have ALL of it. And I would love if the stock they carry were pretty "uniform" too, i.e. that all stuff is available in somewhat similar style (color tone, design etc.). I don't want the result of using them looking like a hobo picked apart 4 different bags and made his own. ;)

And then, others like Tandy carry some stuff, but I am not very impressed with the quality of their buckles and rivets etc.

So please give me your best recommendations, where do you buy your premium stuff? I have been helped more than enough almost every time I have consulted you guys here, and I hope for a miracle once again. :D

Ohio Travel bag. Give them a try.

I agree Ohio Travel Bag has a great assortment. I recently made an account with them. I also buy a lot of buckles from http://www.buckleguy.com/ and have always been happy with my buckles. I do know what you mean though I've seen some high end bags with such interesting buckles and clasps that I can't find anywhere and then I was told they have their stuff cast exclusively for them.

Scott

Had not seen Ohio Travel Bag before, many thanks. Buckle Guy was among the more interesting ones I had seen myself earlier. I'll go through Ohio Travel Bag this evening and see what I may find.

I am looking mostly for quite plain but at the same time traditional looking buckles etc. (but not full of ornaments etc.), somewhat like military hardware from the 1800's or so.

ELF is a new one to me. Thanks.

Buckleguy wasn't bad at all, but seems to be missing some few things I want, which is a pitty. I want a place stocking all the things I need (feels problematic to order from several different retailers all the time), but this place http://zoronmfg.thomasnet.com/ has both a lot of stuff, and quite good looking stuff. I think I'll stick to them, and hope that someone might have use of that site too. :)