greekgod

Fenice Edge Kote. How Do I Buy It? Whats The Technical Name?

Hello again guys,

There are not many things I cant find using google... but I have given up on Fenice edge colour. I cant find any website that sells it. I know Feibings was making one in collaboration with Fenice but thats not the one I am after. I want the little bottles from Italy :)

On their website they don't have pictures or details of the product/ cost or where to buy it.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Tandy has started carrying it. But I don't know if Tandy is in Romania. You may have to have it shipped.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/search/searchresults/2810-20.aspx

Michelle

I just picked up some today. $13.99 wholesale. 8.5 oz or 250 ml

The ones that are tandy branded fenice are the same as the ones from italy I think. If its for marketing purposes it still comes from italy and are rebottled most likely.

I bought mine at Tandy and they call it Tandy Professional Leather Edge Paint. Made in Italy by Fenice.

Not sure how you actually buy it from Fenice.

Buckleguy.com also has an Italian edge paint which may be the same thing. Same with Randall-Campbell.

www.fenice.com

post-43646-0-21393200-1411233943_thumb.j

Edited by thefanninator

Does using this beat dying the edges then burnishing?? I used black oil dye and burnished and the color stays very dark. I am not sharpshooting it's use - I am just wondering how it looks different or wears better. I am interested.

If you're using chrome tanned leather or finished veg tanned - yes. For unfinished veg tanned I follow hidepounder's thread:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18101

Edited by thefanninator

I bought mine at Tandy and they call it Tandy Professional Leather Edge Paint. Made in Italy by Fenice.

Not sure how you actually buy it from Fenice.

Buckleguy.com also has an Italian edge paint which may be the same thing. Same with Randall-Campbell.

www.fenice.com

Thanks very much for the info mate cheers.. I emailed Tandy here in Sydney, Australia but havent heard back yet..

I just put in an order with Tandy for some stuff that I need in a hurry, and included a bottle of the Neutral Pro and Gloss. I'm not usually a fan of edge paint, but I'm curious how this will look!

Bill

I think it works great on leathers that won't burnish.

post-43646-0-28021100-1411320619_thumb.j

post-43646-0-91686800-1411320620_thumb.j

You can get it on Ebay as well. At least in the US. But I'm sure they'll ship to Australia.

Is that the Professional edge paint from Tandy? Is that the Neutral color?

Yes, it's actually made by Fenice and distributed by Tandy. Both names are on the bottle. This color is light brown.

Yes, it's actually made by Fenice and distributed by Tandy. Both names are on the bottle. This color is light brown.

Thanks a lot. Is it waxy and polish-able when it's dry? Or is it more clammy and sticky? I used the Angelus acrylic paint, but it was too soft and not polish-able.

Not sure if it actually has wax in it but it is polishable and it's WAY better than Angelus in my opinion.

Not sure if it actually has wax in it but it is polishable and it's WAY better than Angelus in my opinion.

Thanks a lot thefanninator. I just got the fenice edge paint in beige, and it is exactly what I was looking for. It's about 10x better than Angelus acrylic paint. and 20x better than Fiebing edge kote.