xscott

Help! Leather Balm Gone All Wrong And All Over!

Hey Guys,

One of my nephews wanted to help me work on some leather so I told him he could coat the hide with some Leather Balm w/ atom wax by applying with a cloth. He decided to squirt it all over with a spray bottle and wipe down which doesn't seem to be working to well. It looks like its not drying up. How can I remove this or get it back to its overall uniform color? Thank you

20111205_140435.jpg

I use LBAW after I am done finishing and the piece is dry, not ever on naked leather. I'm guessing you could try a finish stripper like deglazer (small spot first, I have no idea what will happen). You might want to call Fiebing's customer service and see what they say.

Art

Hey Guys,

One of my nephews wanted to help me work on some leather so I told him he could coat the hide with some Leather Balm w/ atom wax by applying with a cloth. He decided to squirt it all over with a spray bottle and wipe down which doesn't seem to be working to well. It looks like its not drying up. How can I remove this or get it back to its overall uniform color? Thank you

20111205_140435.jpg

Ill give their customer service a try and see what they say. I will also call tandy and see if they think the deglazer will work.. Thanks Art

Anyone else got any tips, tricks? miracles to get me out of this?!?!

I use LBAW after I am done finishing and the piece is dry, not ever on naked leather. I'm guessing you could try a finish stripper like deglazer (small spot first, I have no idea what will happen). You might want to call Fiebing's customer service and see what they say.

Art

Hmmm... It almost looks tie dyed the way it is. I know in the old days of waxed floors women used ammonia to strip the wax build up, before applying new wax. I have no idea what that would do to leather but if you can try a little in a corner and allow it to dry it might be a cheap and effective solution. You'll probably want to rinse with fresh water afterwards.

Before you go and throw this in the can, ship it to me. I could use some practice leather. And I'm too poor to buy any! :whatdoyouthink:

Anyone else have any tips? Or did this whole hide just go to waste? :T

Did you find any solution? Inquiring minds want to know. :)