Sign in to follow this  
leatherworklee

Wood And Leather Clock

I did the leather work for this clock and my nephew did the wood work. There are twelve pieces of mahogany wood in the frame. The face is cut from 9/10 ounce Wickett and Craig leather. The family tree is my Mother's 5 brothers and 5 sisters and my maternal Grand parents. This will be auctioned off as a fund raiser at a family reunion next month. I spent quite some time hunting for the pattern for the tree and realized later that it nearly identical o a tree in our back yard. The largest numeral stamps that I have are 1/2 inch and did not look right on the clock face. While looking for on-line numbers to download, print and transfer using tracing film I noticed a site for patterns for roman numerals. Light bulb goes on, I have I's, V's, and X's in many different sizes. I used Fiebings spirit dyes. and finished with a rub of Carnuba wax on the face and a light coat of neatsfoot oil on the back.

post-22-003407500 1337973105_thumb.jpg

post-22-001918700 1337973121_thumb.jpg

What a cool idea. That really turned out nice. Great job.

Beautiful..Great idea.