I recently made this for a lady who wanted a small purse, "Just make it pretty" she said. After reviewing several patterns, she decided on this Gene Noland design (which was originally on the kit for the Pioneer Handbag). However, she preferred The Seeker handbag. Wanting to personalize it, I asked what her favorite color was; Petal Pink. Prior to my meeting with her I had contacted Mr. Chan Geer who suggested I contact Barry King to decide a good fit for upgrading my basket weave tools (BOTH Very Helpful and Kind Gentlemen!) After receiving guidance from Chan on making swivel knife cuts, (my first time doing this), I tooled it painted Super Sheen on the design, painted the pink, and antiqued it mahogany. After the back & flap were done, here comes my order for the two basket weave tools, one was the braid. After a bit of practice, I decided to use it on the body front and gusset. I just could not put this tool down! I antiqued all pieces, painted a final coat of Super Sheen, applied Snow proof, and buffed. I then cemented on lining and punched the holes. On to the assembly, I realized the instructions for the Seeker called for a strap to go across the front, which would have interfered with the design. So, I decided to use a Kora clasp instead. I had originally wanted to double loop lace it, but felt it would be too much overall (besides I had never made this purse before), although around the front would be a nice finish. Something else, I didn't want to use just suede lace concerned with durability so I rolled up 12 feet of buckstitching lace into a jar of Canyon Tan dye, and what d'ya know, the finished side didn't dye well at all, but the back (suede side) was a perfect match! I stuck with the pattern instructions with the simple style lacing and was glad I did. It was pretty difficult going through the lining with the lace. So, I guess I'd have to call this purse, my Combination of Factors purse. Thanks to Chan Geer for guidance, the late Gene Noland for the design, Barry King for the tools, and the lady who gave me an opportunity to make something to be proud of! (And oh, by the way, she also purchased my pink Stained Glass design wallet to go inside it!)

post-48992-0-06382300-1424504710_thumb.j

post-48992-0-64795600-1424504722_thumb.j

post-48992-0-89123400-1424504731_thumb.j

post-48992-0-68277800-1424504740_thumb.j

That is a very nice purse. Superb results and you should be proud of something so well done.

God Bless.

Ray

Wow!! I like that a lot!

Thank you to raysouth and Horny G Leather for your kind compliments.

Super job, I love it!

That has come out really well was their enough pink for the customer. You did like that basket weave tool didn't you !

Thank You, Eccho and Pkay. She didn't have much to say other than she loved it, so I guess it wasn't too much! And yes, I really did enjoy using that new basketweave tool!

That's a really lovely piece of work I like it a lot.