Sign in to follow this  
Scary Leatherworks

Briefcase/bag

I have been working on this bag on and off for months and it's finally done. It's the first time I have tried to make one and I learned a lot. It is ALL hand stitched. 1,452 stitch holes many are triple stitched. The center is 1/2" thick where all the pieces come together (should have skived it) I will do a few things different next time. The back strap holders troubled me for awhile, since I was originally going to place them on the side but with the gusset bent in the strap would have bent the top so they look like the afterthought they are, since I had to unstitch some of the top. If anyone has some construction suggestions I'll take them.

Thanks, Scott

post-6407-050133400 1309532579_thumb.jpg post-6407-073412500 1309532458_thumb.jpg

Edited by murse

Scott,

Reduce the size of your images. Very difficult to see the work you have done.

ferg

more pic's post-6407-046394600 1309532821_thumb.jpg post-6407-014636500 1309532859_thumb.jpg post-6407-049836000 1309532882_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ferg for the heads up. I checked "preview post" prior to and they looked like they were sized well. the above ones should be better. Besides smaller is better to hide my flaws :)

Scott

Very nice work. Clean stitching work. Did you make up your pattern or use one? Thanks for sharing!

Nice!

Good job! I like the overall design of the briefcase.

By the way may I ask where did you find the brass keepers? Ive been looking for keepers like that which are slightly rounded with not much luck.

wow! i like that bag! very nice design....and nothing you spoke of looks like an afterthought to me.

it shold hold up very well.

i'm looking to make something similar.