Sign in to follow this  
mattsh

Consew 733R-2 Having Thread Issues

My machine was stitching just fine. For some reason today my needle bent, so I replaced it and made sure that the clearance between the hook and the needle was correct and I made sure that the needle depth was in tolerance (as in the distance between the hook point and the eye of the needle was correct).

Now for some reason the thread balls up on the left side of the needle and sometimes skips a stich (i.e. not grabbing the bobin thread).

Another peculiarity is that the top thread does not seem to be laying correctly on the top of the leather. Its almost like the thread is unraveling ?

I could really use some help here. Like I mentioned I have checked the clearance on the hook and needle and made sure that the needle depth is in tolerance.

Thanks,

Hello,

I know that this is probably not much help, but it is what I would do if I was having the trouble that you have described;

1st Check needle maybe even change it. Sounds as if thread is to large for needle or needle eye is to small for top thread.

2nd Check thread path. To make sure it did not get an extra turn on something that it was not suppose to be around.

3rd. Check to make sure it has been oiled recently.

Most times that mine get messed up it is because it is something that I did not do correctly. Usually something that I should have

caught right of the bat, but overlooked.

What size of needle and thread are you using and thickness of material ?

Good Luck

Kirk

Don't forget to make sure the thread is wrapped aound the 2nd tension 11/2x

Bob